Red_Rooster

May 26, 2005
Many of you may, or maynot remember, but I posted several weeks back about a headon collision I had on my KDX, and I posted pics? Well, I am happy to say that I got her put all back together 10:30 Friday night, Just in time to take her to round one of the AMA national hare scrambles series here in Arizona on saturday. I will post some better pics of the bike after I get her cleaned up again, and I get my pipe back from Pacific crest. I cant believe that they were able to fix the pipe. I ran with the stock pipe, as I had no other choice. Thanks to many of you on this site who offered to sell me parts to get her back together. Here is a link to My race photos (85A). Use the dropdown on the top of the page to navigate by rider number. those rider numbers with no letters after them are the A and AA (national) riders. They were flat out moving.

http://www.joedirtphoto.com/HolyJoe/PhotoAlbum.asp?ShowSub=085A

I got 5th place in my class (started last out of 8, so passed 3 others) and finished 46th overall out of 107 Novice racers. I crashed 3 times (nothing hurt or broken, just silly tipovers while cornering), and had to stop once to twist my front brake master cylinder up on the bar, as the crash spun the whole lever, and everything down, so I couldn’t reach the lever. You can kind of see how twisted down it is in picture HJ_0330. Look at my right hand guard, compared to my left. You will notice that it is a lot further down. At this point in the race, I hadn’t fixed it, so was basically running with no front brake, because I couldn’t reach the lever.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my results. :laugh: I met my goals of 1: just finishing and 2: run the whole race without stopping to rest (crashing doesn’t count). If I hadn’t crashed, or had to stop for the repair, I would have been in the top 3 of my class, and would have trophied as the 3rd place guy was only 2 minutes ahead of me, and 4th place was 45 seconds ahead of me. Not too bad in my opinion for my first race ever at 35yrs old.

~RR

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:cool: :) :nod:

Soooooo your hooked!

Congrats!

Red_Rooster

May 26, 2005
kmccune said:
:cool: :) :nod:

Soooooo your hooked!

Congrats!

yeah...Im totally hooked. Our club is putting on the one in March, so the next race wont be until April, and then one in May. After that, its too hot to race here, so the rest of the season doesnt start until September. I cant wait....

~RR

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
Great job!! :cool:

I'm also 35, and raced my first one about 3 weeks ago. Finished 13th out of 16, with only one trip over the handlebars (I've always been curious what the front wheel looks like when it's spinning :) ).

It sure is a blast!

Top Bottom