RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
alright to start it off im loking for you to help me decide between the cr250 and the sx 250 only those two i dont like yz or rm. im 6' 150lbs and im 17 im a pretty good rider and i can easily handle a 250, 125 no longer has the power i need. my 1st bike was a xl500r and i got good on that then got a 125 and i sold that. im a pretty good rider and i plan on racing but i also jump alot the biggest jump we have is about 100 to 110 feet. we also have 2 ramps and im gonna make another that is a "pro" type ramp so i need something with a good bottum to give me a good snap up the lip.

i mostly ride on loost top with a hard packed bottum i never ride in sand or much sand. and im pretty up to date with the parts and performance of bikes. but most magz i cant rally trust to an exstent so im asking for user or some poeple with a hands on or experiace with one of these bikes to tell me your experiance and if its a good choice. thanks again :thumb:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
If you can afford the extra bucks the SX would be the choice!! Without a doubt, they are dominate in the 2 stroke arena here in Michigan!!
Woodsy

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
actully i dont like the metal mulisha either they arnt good fpr this sport sure they started freestyle or played a big part they just cast a negitve image on the sport of freestyle. ive just had all bad with yz's (exsept the 4strokes) and dont like the motor or feel of rm's. now.... can someone please help me out a little? thanks again

Rockey5000

Mod Ban
May 6, 2002
Between the SX and the CR, I choose CR. The CR has a very good motor with a strong midrange pull. The SX has a gnarly motor with tons of power, and is hard for an inexperienced or even experinced rider to keep under control. Wheelies are very common on the 250sx. The frame and handling of the CR are surpassed by almost none. The CR is a great bike IMO. Both bikes have more power than anybody needs, so If I was in this situation I wouldn't decide based on motor only. The CR is light, agile and fast. You won't be dissapointed.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
If you can wait until December, check out he '03 KTM 250SX. I've heard about it from a dealer, he's really excited about it. Check out www.supercross.com for pictures of Jeremy's bike. Either bike is pretty good though.

I would agree that, between the '02's, the CR would get my nod for motocross.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom