fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I'm getting conflicting reports that the Wench and the Son of a Wench will not be run this year due to a extraordinarily high insurance requirement by the owners of Pacific Raceways ($5 mil). Kinda unusual since the motocross promotor it appears doesn't have to pony up that much.

If true then the last event this year in the series will be the Cowbell this weekend. :(

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
This sucks The race was cancled in Dec. last year Team crutch is berned out. Thats what they just told me . 10/24/2002 9:00 P.M. 10,000 track fees and a 5mill insurance they said screw it !

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I don't think the track was really intending to let the event happen anyway... that would explain the extremely high insurance policy they request. Be patient with Pacific Raceway. They have a lot of work to do and a harescramble is the LEAST of their worries. I'm sure once the redesign of the facilities is completed the Wench will be allowed again. If not, there are other places to hold the event.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Patience is what I had while we lost 1/2 of capitol forest and then we lost winter use and then we lost winter use of Walker Valley. Patience does not get things done and we need to get things done and make things happen.

Pacific Raceways (the Fiorito family) has a grandiose dream of being a first class venue and it appears we we don't fit in their dream. They are way behind in their schedule of improvments, The mx operation is not required to have the 5 mil policy so I think its time to find another venue like cranberry lake until the Fiorito's discover the work ethic and the value of integrty that their grandfather had.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
You do realize that the County requires permits to do certain things out here? Getting those permits takes an act of God at times. I wouldn't blame all of the delays on the family alone. And as I am a part of the dirt community I too am a tad frustrated, but I also realize that they have big plans for their facilities and if we aren't included then that's their choice. If you want to change that then put it in writing and send it to their office. Hell, get your friends to do it, too. I have already done my part and done just that. You want things to happen? Then YOU have to start making them happen. Sitting in the corner and complaining about it won't change a thing.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Gee Diane where were you at the last event? handing out flyers about Walker Valley? Raising awareness on the DNR fiasco? Or C none of the above.

Tod, Tahuya rat and myself and others were there doing the education/pr/public awareness thing. we spoke to at least 90 local riders on saturday alone. Ive posted flyers in bike shops and talked to everybody I can think of about it. So I don't sit in the corner and complain I walk the walk not just talk the talk. Do I know about permits? You bet, every job I do requires a permit. I have a yearly schedule from PR that shows the wench so it must fall under the permited use for the facility don't you think? Those Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

PR is a business and business is about money. Thats how you get their attention.

I guess I will return to my corner now and complain. ;)

Last edited:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Awesome. You've been doing your part. The 'sitting in the corner and complaining' comment doesn't apply to you then, does it? It was a statement made to address those who don't.

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
OFFICIAL WORD :whiner:

The 2002 Nasty Wench and Son of a Wench Hare Scrambles are CANCELLED. Team
Crutch and Pacific Raceways were not going to be able to arrive at a
satisfactory arrangement. The Stumpjumpers M/C obtained permission from
Team Crutch to take over promotion of the Nasty Wench. They planned to do a
one day event, on 11/10, the orginally scheduled weekend, at Pacific
Raceways, and had worked successfully through all of the new requirements,
until learning of the mandatory $5M insurance. The issue was that no such
policy existed. This policy is being created, but the risk of it not being
ready in time was clearly too great relative to the other very significant
costs and efforts associated with putting on this race, hence the
cancellation. Attempts to work a different site, including Skagit Speedway,
were not successful. The Stumpjumpers fully intend to bring the Wench back
in 2003. Their intent is for a one day event typical of an NMA Hare
Scrambles. There will no longer be a Son of a Wench, as plans currently
stand. Everyone is aware of the great disappointment the off-road racing
community will feel at losing this storied event this year.

thank you,

Tory Briggs
President, NMA

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Has anyone contacted Sky River about holding the event?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sky River can't get the right kinds of permits from the city of Monroe--that was a condition of them even opening at all. No competitions.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Ahhh, I wasn't aware of that. :ugg: Dagnabbit.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom