Rockey5000

Mod Ban
May 6, 2002
I am sooo excited about geting my bike, but now I am scared that I will get the wrong bike and Mom and Dad will freak! I am either going to get a 125 or a 250, but I don't know which one to pick! I've heard that 250's have way too much power, but I don't know If a 125 will be enough for me. I have never ridden a two-stroke and am coming off a Mojave 250 quad. I know about the hit that two strokes have and I THINK I can handle it. I want power and sort of get bored when I can easily max out the engine, but I do not want so much power that when I twist the throttle it will pull a wheelie! I am 15 years old, 5'7", 200lbs. and ride mostly pits and the occasional track. Please help me out, im hoping to get a bike really soon!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
You wrote that you ride pits and occassional track... make a decision on what type of riding you are going to do.

Any 125 or 250 MX bike is going to wheelie if you twist the throttle hard enough (and you are in the right gear).

If you want to learn how to ride right get a 125. You will learn about clutch work, carrying speed through the corners and keeping your momentum. A 125 can do anything a 250 can do. Even at 200lbs.

One thing... a 125 will wear you out b/c of the extra work but a 250 is going to wear you out as well b/c of the extra power and weight.

If you want to do trails and progress at a moderate rate then get a XR250, DRZ250, TTR250 or KDX200.

If you are unsure then I really suggest a KDX200 b/c you can moto one without much modification until you find out how serious you are and what type of riding you want to do.

Ivan

kdx357

Mod Ban
Nov 20, 2001
The "hit " is very highly overrated, if you can hold on it is very fun and helps launch you over jumps . I have a kdx for sale if you want it and it should suit you well. I am 200 myself and the kdx throws me fine , but i want a 250 because i love powerful bikes . How much do you have to spend too. Oh and i dont like 125's personally because of the 0 low end power but i dont mx either , i just like to have fun;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom