oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
I tore my left ACL a month ago ( swapped on a 70' uphill landing ). It is now stable enough for me to start exercising ( still can't ride realy - any jolt and the bone jumps out - ouch ! ). I tore my right ACL in high school. At that time I opted not to go the surgury route. I played soccer, wrestled in college and ridden motocross for years with the aid of a brace and building the strength in it. I'm 41 now. I have a new brace for my left knee due in monday. Any suggestions for exercises to speed along the process ?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Bicycle and light leg presses/curls to start. Increase the weight accordingly but you want to avoid popping the knee out at all costs.

After my ACL surgery, they had me stand on a giant half ball in the semi squat (attack) position and play catch. This eventually progressed to full squats on the half-ball. This was a GREAT exercise and I need to get one of those balls. Walking lunges (crow step?) were also very good once you get some strength back in you legs.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
About how big was the ball ( diameter x height ), sounds like a good idea. I have a Versa Climber coming, that's what I started my last rehab with.

Thanks for the input, I get realy grumpy when I cant ride !

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I think it was about 1-1.5 feet high and 2-3 feet diameter. It was on a flat base.

I'll see if I can find a link.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Leg extensions are good for rehabbing torn ligaments too. I also tore mine as a kid (15) and opted not to go for surgery. It took months to rehab fully but now (32) I can squat over 300lbs and have no signs of ever having torn it.

littlenasty

Sep 28, 2005
i tore my ACL a month ago and i just walked and my dad told me to squat , i couldnt ride my bike for 3 weeks because it was my right knee and the knee ap would pop out of place when i tried to start it

Top Bottom