MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I have been out of it for a while now.... long story but am doing some maintenance on my bike before I take it out in the next few weeks. One of the things I am doing is putting on a new chain and sprockets. Since they ship the chains covered in the gooey grease..... I just forgot, do I clean this stuff off before my first ride or leave it on there? Contact cleaner, wipe it with gas??

Please get me back up to speed. Thanks!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I guess the grease could attract a lot of dirt so if you feel better about it you can wipe it with a dry rag to get any excess off.

Ivan
Thanks Ivan, that is kind of what I was thinking. Hope you've been good. I'm going to actually try to ride some this spring/summer. You still in SC?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Still in SC but not riding much. Doing some pistol competitions with James and Gomer but sold the bike a few years ago.

Couldn't justify the time away to go riding now that I have a daughter. My wife was supportive but I didn't like driving 2-3 hours one way, ride for a few hours, drive back, clean and then basically have done nothing with the family.

Once she is a little older I want to get back into it... probably more DS stuff. I like the new WR250 DS bikes. Not great for highway but I don't plan on doing any of that.

Ivan

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Same here except I never sold my bike. Still have my 2000 YZ. I know the whole 3 hours prep, 2 hours ride 3 hours back clean up and then nothing with the family. I hate that riding areas are so far away.

Top Bottom