jnugent

Aug 30, 2003
Hi all, I think I talked to KTMMike on the trail in Atlanta a few weeks ago. He told me about this forum so I thought I would say hi. I'm pretty sure it was ktmmike I talked to, I was on a KDX220 with a new damper and my bubby was on a big XR.

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Welcome to the fold Mr. JNugent ... seein's how you met KTM MIke, you must have been rippin' ...

Glad to have you as a new participant ... ride safe, have fun and tell us about your activities some time when you get the time.

terry nestrick :cool:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
jnugent - Yep that was me! I was out riding with my kids. Glad you found our " home" here on DRN!

LMK if you are back up in the area and want to hook up for a ride.

Oh...dont take anything that Nestrick guy says seriously....things have a way of exploding around him.... :nener:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Jnugent and a big hardy WELCOME to the greatest webpage on the web!! Now that KTMMike has you snared, I mean, has introduced you to the main source for all your riding needs, please feel free to be a regular participant in our banterings!
Here you will find EVERYTHING from light hearted political debates to advanced survival techniques for both yourself and your machine!
Personally, I have found the best way to get the most out of this site is to jump right in with both feet! When you read about a ride coming up - JOIN IN! Dont worry about "trail speed" issues, just come out, ride your speed and have a GREAT time!
IMHO, some the GREATEST people on earth are found here -
again, welcome and glad you finally found us!! :thumb:
A new riding friend.
Woodsy

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
welcome new guy::::: Enjoy the trail and watch out for the kid's on blasters taking up the whole corner.... come to think of it, watch out for the old suburban slob taking up the whole trail on his arctic cat 4x4 ( w/ cooler )
Or the jerk wads w/ jeeps buzzing along in their own dust clouds.... yes, I'm bitter, it's because I'm short.... If I was just a little taller....

FYI:::: Ogemaw will be having it's annual mud volleyball and mud races the weekend after next... We are trying to convince my buddy to jump the freestyle ramp on his new SDG 50....

Oh ya, I just wanted to add one more thing...
I drive a truck for a service business, if you are letting your kids ride mopeds, electric or gas scooters... around the neighborhood and they are less than 15/// this is illegal and dangerous.. wise up.... Daily, I deal with a moron kid buzzing in the street w/ a skateboard helmet on dodging cars and such... scooters weigh less than 50#'s, what does my fully loaded e350 weigh?

jnugent

Aug 30, 2003
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I will be back in Atlanta next weekend, we are trying to figure the trails out for the big group ride coming up in late Sept. Is the A loop still blocked by that big water hole? As for ripping I try my best to keep up and I get faster with every ride. I just got the KDX late last fall and after riding my DR350SE for the last 6 years it's a big change.I had two strokes as a kid but they were nothing like the KDX (71 Husky WR250 and a 76 Yammy MX125). I love this bike and the Scotts damper I just got is the best thing I have ever put on a bike. That thing saved my butt many times,but not the time I nailed thoughs two trees and flipped the bike. It was funny as hell when I picked myself up and turned around my bike was sitting accross the trail on its seat and bars still running. That thing wont idle upright but seems to idle just fine upside down. You guys can check out my web site at www.geocities.com/just4suzzy/97_DR350SEV.html

jackdrinker, My two girls have much better supervision than that. Here in Lansing thoughs cheap import scooters are eveywhere. Something will have to be done about it before lots of kids get hurt or killed.

Thanks again guys I have to get dinner together so its time to go, Jim

P.S. sorry but I cant spell to save my life.

Last edited:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
jnugent - are you talking about being up here 8/6 7, 8 weekend? If so, I plan to be riding with some other guys then as well (2big4kdx, Creeper9, maybe others. No specific plans yet, but lets hook up. I might even give you a shot at some (near) virgin trail I just laid out at home! (not long...but fun and challenging!). Most likely I wont be able to ride that Sunday (have to head out of town for a conference), but I should be able to ride Friday and Saturday.

That water hole - have not been up that way since I first saw you. My guess is the water should be WAY down by now, been dry the last week or two. But overall actually has continued to be a wet summer up here (compared to other recent years at least). So...hard to say!

Mike

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Jim - With the MTR's on this site and in person you are with the best to be found. If being a part of this informal group doesn't make life better for you, why you ride would have to be re-evaluated. The Master of Prose Woodsy has given you the best of advice by telling you to jump in with both feet. That way you have a degree of control on the outcome. For if he pulls you in, you're lost.

Just another one of the yahoos,
Young Ted

jnugent

Aug 30, 2003
Mike that sounds good to me, we will be leaving Lansing early Sat so we sould be there before noon. We are leaving sometime Sun afternoon. We are camping on my buddy place which is right on the trail between A and B loop. There is a brightly colored caution children sign almost right across the road from his drive. I have a feeling you guys ride a faster pace than I do but I dont care if you dont.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
jnugent said:
Mike that sounds good to me, we will be leaving Lansing early Sat so we sould be there before noon. We are leaving sometime Sun afternoon. We are camping on my buddy place which is right on the trail between A and B loop. There is a brightly colored caution children sign almost right across the road from his drive. I have a feeling you guys ride a faster pace than I do but I dont care if you dont.

Jim - As it stands right now, 2Big4aKDX, Creeper9 and another rider I just met are planning on getting on the trails Saturday AM, hopefully relatively early. No final conclusions as to where though there has been the suggestion of Wolverine or Kalkaska, but riding Atlanta is still a possibility. We might manage a ride on Sunday as well time allowing. I hope to have plans pinned down by tomorrow night.

I think I know the spot you described along county Road 628. Send me an email at sstephenson (AT) i2k.net with a phone # or cell # and we might hook up with final plans that way.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom