Supafly_MX

Apr 12, 2004
Hi there i just purchased a new pair of MX boots, FLY 805.These are my first pair as im a newbie to MX racing. Is there anyone else on this forum that has this boot ?? Wats the best way to make them feel just right. Someone told me to soak them in water inside and out. Is this safe for the boot?

i also purshased a pair of knee protectors,FOX ventilators, this may sound stupid but are they ment to go over my riding pants or inside ????? T

Thanks

Supafly

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Water in your new boots???? Sounds like a bad idea. Wear the mowing the lawn, weed wackin, or just around the house you'll be the coolest......well maybe not but you will get them broken in fast.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Supafly_MX said:
i also purshased a pair of knee protectors,FOX ventilators, this may sound stupid but are they ment to go over my riding pants or inside ????? T

They are meant too be worn on the inside.. For wearing in your boots, wear them around the yard, and RIDE :ride:

Supafly_MX

Apr 12, 2004
Thanx alot for ur words of wisdom. One more thing, is it normal for 1/3 of my knee guard to fit inside the boot( top of boot) ? Because part of my knee guard fits it my boot till the first strapp at the top of boot, because the knee guard is quite long. Is that normal ????

Thanks

Supafly_MX........................newbie :moon:

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I know lots of guys who used to use the "water trick" for breaking in hockey skates too. Too funny seeing a guy siting on the edge of the bathtub with his skates on and feet in the warm water. It's not the best thing for the leather though. Conditioning cream and simple wearing is the best solution. Take care with the conditioners though as it's easy to break them in too much...meaning sacked out too early.

ScaldedDog

Damn Yankees
Sep 28, 2004
I have the Fly 805's they are an "ok" boot at best, left boot really dug into my toes when shifting until I built up a callus, the one thing I really liked about them is the gel in the heel section. The sole is crap though, it will wear out quickly.

Top Bottom