New RMZ_KXF tappets from Kibblewhite

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We got the new RMZ_KXF tappets from Kibblewhite and they look pretty sweet. If you look closely in the intake picture you'll see the OEM bucket at the bottom has a smaller shim pad than the new Kibblewhite versions. The OEM tappets have the nasty habit of breaking when stiffer valve springs are used on these engines. The new Kibblewhite tappets should eliminate this as a source of failure.

Attachments

• RMZ_KXF_KPMI_tappets_int.jpg
    RMZ_KXF_KPMI_tappets_int.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 69
  • RMZ_KXF_KPMI_tappets_exh.jpg
    RMZ_KXF_KPMI_tappets_exh.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 71

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
For those who haven't seem it, this is what it looks like when the OEM Suzuki tappets break at high speed.

Attachments

• KXF_broken_OEM_tappet.jpg
    KXF_broken_OEM_tappet.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 76

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
We have about 30 hours on a set of the kibblewhite tappets. This under a couple cams and heavier springs with no sign of trouble, great stuff!

B

biglou

Rich-The shim pad is a "plateau" and not a recess? What holds the shim in place? What are the approximate diameter of the shims? Remember, I've only seen the blue ones so far. Just curious as to how these are assembled.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
biglou said:
Rich-The shim pad is a "plateau" and not a recess? What holds the shim in place? What are the approximate diameter of the shims? Remember, I've only seen the blue ones so far. Just curious as to how these are assembled.

Lou - There is a recess in the upper spring retainer that holds the shim in place. The shim is the same size as the YZF250 and CRF250 shims. I can't remember the exact diameter off the top of my head, but it's about 2/3rds the size of the YZF4xx, CRF450 shims.

Top Bottom