Precurser

Mar 12, 2004
Hey guys, my name is Eric, i'm 17 and from Flint, Michigan. I'm trying to break into riding bikes, seeing as how I can't run a snowmobile year-round. Right now all I've got is a thrashed up 1980 Honda CR250R, but it runs well, that's the important thing. I came here to find some help with beginner's riding technique and maybe even some tricks for restoring this vintage Elsinore. The bike was in storage in my shed down here for a few years, so it definitely needs some maitenence.

I ride around by myself at my grandfather's place in Meredith, a little town in Clare county.

That's all I've got, nice to meet you guys, anything you can offer is much appreciated.

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
Welcome to DRN!
First things first about your bike, I would advise on getting a manual for it. Lots of help for anything you do on it. :clue:

Second thing is start going through the bike and lubing up things like the cables and any other moving parts. As a minimum you might want to flush out the gas tank and pull the carb off and clean it inside and out. Sitting for that long it probibly has been all gummed up. Although you said it runs fine....so check the safety stuff...brakes, cables (as mentioned) etc.

Good luck and have fun!! :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Welcome to DRN, I lived with my family in Flint when I was 3yrs old. We're in Holland now, though.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Hi,
Welcome to DRN !
Lots of folks here to help you with your bike. MI is a great place to ride dirt bikes, take advantage of it :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom