warrior91

Jan 31, 2008
Greetings from Northern Saskatchewan Canada.
Well I am new to Dirtbike owner ship.Just bought my daughter a 125cc china bike...no not a little POS mini, but a 4 speed standard, USD fork, 17"front&14"rear ,seat@31.5"...small for me but great for her. Anyways, I have rode a sled,3-wheeler,ATV all my days.In youth I borrowed a buddys mx.
I've put a few miles on some old DR's, 70's elsinores of all sizes, 80's kdx's,yzs of all years/sizes(my favorite was the 490...It really only needed 2 GEARS, crazy after that),Cr500( :nod: yep the pink one :rotfl: ) ,And mostly the mid 90's RM 250s. I raced sanctioned/unsanctioned am ,pro/am atv/atc 91,92,93 but never finished enough to do any more than local trophys...(read: spectacular crashes)

However I lived back in the boonys when young and a ATC or ATV was a lot better...you can only pick your dirtbike up out of a mudhole so many times ... My First "bike" that I bought was an '86 TRX 200sx ,beautiful red white blue. Awsome runner if not sluggish. My Warrior that I run currently is a great allaround atv for trails.
Previous dirt experience my kids have are pw50 and atc70,my kids needed to move on...
Now my 11 year old daughter wants to ride mx so for her first bike I got a chinese 125 thumper...so far so good...If she likes it I will get a new/er ttr when she improves or gets serious.
My 8 year old boy needed a bike so I got him a chinese 150cc auto ATV... its pretty nice actually...both bikes are nicer than the quality I have previusly seen. Good plastic, frames welded ,most of the fastners tight or in...lol. Yes, I put both bikes together out of crates and both were running after 3 hours ;) I'm a cheap guy and bought both NEW bikes/shipped for less than the price of a good used 90's 125 2-stroke locally.
($1200)
I used to be the guy that was leery of these chinese POS, but as the last few batches of crap made its way by, the quality IS improving. However for a serious rider I don't think China is the way to go. :think: Not yet...

My allegiance lies with Yamaha and Suzuki.

Anyways after that ramble I'm off to check this place out as a member...I lurked for a bit previously. I hope even though I have a China bike I am welcome here. :bang:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to DRN :cool:

We have a number of Canucks! Enjoy!

Top Bottom