tk13

Apr 13, 2006
hey guys need some advice here, i am new to dirt bikes i just bought a 98 rm250 bike ran fine up until today probably about 5 rides and 2 track days, today when i took it out it would idle high then low constantly when it was warm wouldnt do it at first start up, after we came in for a break the bike puked out a white creamy color out of what i would call the crankcase breather the one on top in front of the spark plug, it only did this once i had changed the oil in it before and was careful to get the right amount back in it, nothing had changed from any of the previous rides, after it did this i checked the water and most of my coolant was gone took id say 30 oz's to fill it back up, and i drained the gas out of the carb, after this the idle was back to normal but i was still using water anyone had this problem of have any suggestions on what to look for, the bike had supposedly had the top end redone, with the way it starts and runs i would believe the guy that sold it to me. :|

+30

Aug 2, 2005
I dont think there has ever been a used bike sold that didnt just have a "fresh top end" advertised. :p the coolant consumption needs fixed. Hopefully its just a head gasket allowing the coolant slowly to get through into the jug. with coolant that low and hard use on the bike the remainder of the coolant was prob boiling over, and bike was just way too hot to run right. worst case you may have a crack in the head or jug allowing the coolant in. :ohmy:

Top Bottom