jaxtifer

Nov 22, 2005
i'm having alot of trouble getting low end power out of my boys 04 cr85 expert. i moved the needle clip from the 2nd postion to the 3rd position on the needle jet, and changed the gear ratio fron 15/56 to a 14/55. still not enought low end power. can someone guide me on this??

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The CR85 doesn't have a power valve which hinders low end even more. The RM & KX are the low to mid powerband 85's and the YZ & CR are upper mid to high RPM power makers. Eric Gorr could make some adjustments that might help ya'.

jaxtifer

Nov 22, 2005
cr85 expert

jaxtifer said:
i'm having alot of trouble getting low end power out of my boys 04 cr85 expert. i moved the needle clip from the 2nd postion to the 3rd position on the needle jet, and changed the gear ratio fron 15/56 to a 14/55. still not enought low end power. can someone guide me on this??
so thats it i'm just syuck with no low end and theres nothing i can do about it?

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
We milled the head on the 03 I worked on. It helped a lot. Our altitude of 4500 feet really hurts these little bikes...

I also made an exhaust spacer for the bike. MX Bones sells them. Here is a picture. http://www.mxbonz.com/plates80250.jpg

Overall the mods helped. The bike is no CRF 450, but it is much better.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
jaxtifer said:
so thats it i'm just syuck with no low end and theres nothing i can do about it?
There are plenty of things that CAN be done but it would be useful to know what kind of $$ you have to throw at it. Exhaust spacer, reed block spacer, VForce 3 block, mill the head, punch it out, porting, pipe, pop a modified XR100 or 200 engine in the chassis....

We chose Eric Gorr to modify my son's CR85, if it is anything like the others he has done for us it will be more than we hoped for.

Top Bottom