larry250

Dec 1, 2001
We need help. Another National Monument as been proposed in Utah, but this time by our own Governor. Over 620 thousands acres will be closed to off-road travel, only because the Republicans are afraid of the Environmentalists. The newly Proposed San Rafael Monument in central Utah and has over 2600 miles of dirt roads and trails. We hold desert races there. This is an issue of millions of our tax dollars in registration fees being abuse by our own government. They are not allowing us the proper input. Remember it was dirt over six five million years go, it will still be dirt in sixty five million years from now. So, before President Bush signs this, I beg you to call and be heard. Below is a list of numbers. Thanks for your time…Regards, Larry "I love to ride" Kuehn.

CONTACT INFORMATION

Governor Mike Leavitt: (801) 538-1500
Congressman Chris Cannon: (801) 379-2500
Congressman Jim Hansen: (801) 393-8362
Congressman Jim Matheson (801) 524-4394
Senator Orrin G. Hatch (801) 524-4380
Senator Robert Bennett (801) 524-5933
President Bush (202) 456-1414. Press 1 to leave a comment and follow
the prompts. Comments can be made between 9 and 5 Eastern Time.
:ugg:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Let's go people... they are taking it all. What are you paying for?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I used the petition link from ST500 and it only took a minute. Sorry for not responding quicker. Rodzilla's flame guilted me into it:ugg:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ditto! I feel like poop.:uh:
Elk

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
Same here. I filled the email slots, but we (I) need to do more. I joined the BRC and the AMA, but what else can we do? The tree huggers need to be stopped!!:mad:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Done!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks for the heads-up Larry.

Natester. That's a good way to start. Keep an eye on this forum, we try to alert everyone when something like this comes up. You can also alert your riding buddys and non riding friends when you hear about these problems.

Also, telephone calls seem to count more than e-mails.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I'm so disgusted with the "Republican" leadership of Utah. There is more "big government" here than anywhere else I've ever lived. Don't even get me started on the tax and spend attitudes.

The guy to talk to in Sen. Hatch's office is Ron Dean out of the Provo office. Call the above number and ask for him.

Thanks for you help. I know that the great majority of you will never ride within a thousand miles of Moab.

madwrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 31, 2002
Signed the petition, sent the emails, am sending a cash contribution to the Utah alliance's PAC fund, and will call Hatch's office. We are still the victims of our own apathy. Thanks for the smack in the head with the 2X4, Rod--it got my attention!

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
No Thank YOU!

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, I just want all of us to have a place to ride!

Plus with a membership of over 12,000 we should have some "political clout"

Lets flex our collective muscles, You can't fool all of the people all of the time!

Rod

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Since some proof of participation may be required, here's mine (thanks for the link Singletracker500):

Dear Mr. President,

I am opposed to the proposed 621,000 acre San Rafael National Monument in Utah. Please reject this proposal.

It's not that I hate National Monuments and Wilderness areas. It's just that the people of this great Country need to make a living. They need a place to play. And they need to be allowed to control the fate of their own backyards.

Why do we continue to let the Northern Liberals control the destiny of the Western States? Let those cry babies find another way to ease their guilt. We love our land out here in the west, and we don't want it taken away from us by a bunch of Volvo-driven' granola-munchin', Birkenstock-wearin', bearded, lying, sissy boys.

I know you won't let "them" lock us out of our own backyards.

Sincerely,

Wes Baca
Albuquerque, New Mexico

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Originally posted by VintageDirt
Since some proof of participation may be required, here's mine (thanks for the link Singletracker500):

Sadly, threads like this don't get the hits and they tend to fall off the page.

The Threads that recieve the hits draw attention like Lookie Lou's at a bad car wreck.

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Done and thanks again for the link, ST500.

I have to wonder though, what sending an email really will accomplish. Does the president or his staff actually read ALL that mail?

I have started taking these issues much more seriously and wonder what the most effiecient way is to stop this kind of nonsense. :think

It seems contributing to the AMA and/or the BRC should be the best approach. But, how many victories do they have? Can they point to off-road riding areas that were kept open due to their (our) efforts? The "environmental" groups sure have a lot wins to brag about. :(

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well, I guess it's not surprising this topic was brought up in Kim's article this month. Check here: WOMAN OVERBORED

This struck me as a pretty important paragraph in her article:

"First there will be a minimum 90 day comment period. This comment period is open to the nation. The Department of the Interior will listen to everyone. You – there in the South Carolina and California, they’ll listen to you. But the critical comments at this point will come from the 10,000 residents of Emery County. If, after 90 days, Emery County Commissioners believe that Emery County’s best interests aren’t served, then those three elected officials can simply. . . say no. The proposal will die – no monument."

Top Bottom