Rauven

Mar 5, 2007
Can someone please help with advice on my 2005 RMZ 450 head. I bought it second-hand and after about 5 rides it started becoming noisy, almost a knocking noise in the head. I opened the top and checked the valve clearances. I had to shim the exit valves to the recommended 0.17-0.2mm and made sure the cam chain tensioner was working. I also adjusted the timing as recommended by the manual to perfect position. When I started it yesterday the knocking nois was still there. Anything else I can look at? My next guess would be valve springs?

The bike starts fairly easy (3 -4 kicks when cold, 1-2 when hot).

Help please.

slater

Dec 30, 2006
Rauven said:
Can someone please help with advice on my 2005 RMZ 450 head. I bought it second-hand and after about 5 rides it started becoming noisy, almost a knocking noise in the head. I opened the top and checked the valve clearances. I had to shim the exit valves to the recommended 0.17-0.2mm and made sure the cam chain tensioner was working. I also adjusted the timing as recommended by the manual to perfect position. When I started it yesterday the knocking nois was still there. Anything else I can look at? My next guess would be valve springs?

The bike starts fairly easy (3 -4 kicks when cold, 1-2 when hot).

Help please.
Piston slap or Rod knock?????????????????????????????????????????? my bros bike made same sound and was rod knock, don't know if its the same sound but jus saying might b them
:think:

Top Bottom