Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 147

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
The second image looks slightly hotter in the top third than the first one, at least to my eyes. The second seems to have just a little bit more saturation to it. So here's where you tell me that they're the exact same image, totally unchanged!

I read a short article in a photo mag last night about creating your own drops on flowers. I think they recommended mixing sugar, vinegar and water and squirting it out of a spray bottle. I guess the mixture casuses the water to pool together in nice little blobs that look like rain drops. Seemed pretty interesting but I can see that it would be easy to over-do it.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
okay, here's my "fred" impersonation:

mr. okiewan, as i view this photograph, i find myself struggling to determine the artistic viewpoint of the photographer, given the relative juxtaposition of the leaves in the foreground and the background. were the aperture somewhat larger, i feel the bokeh would lend greater definition to the aforementioned water droplets on the foreground leaves. the aperture, in case you are unfamiliar, is the device through which light is allowed into the camera, and can be controlled most effectively by using manual mode exclusively, which of course, all REAL photographers are born knowing. having said all this i must also point out that the positioning of the leaf that has been previously dined upon by some denizen of the natural world to be somewhat distracting to the overall compositional effect.

:nener:

wp.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL Will... yes, shooting with a UWA presents inherent DOF issues :)
Photog boards are funny... seems like it's either "great shot, full of emotion!" replies to simple snap shots or (like you example above) some technophob tearing into a candid. A PJ shot of a train wreck, fire, whatever and someone goes off on composition... go figure.

Top Bottom