• peeker.jpg
    peeker.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 237

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Great shot Bob. The black & white works really well.

Did you use the channel mixer function in PS to pull the color out?

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I don't know why, but my first thought upon seeing this shot was "Little Rascals." Love the b&w!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
That kid looks familiar. ;) Cool shot!

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
don't know why, but my first thought upon seeing this shot was "Little Rascals."

That was my 2nd that, 1st was "Theres a place in France where the ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okiewan said:
Yup. And a sepia (ps) filter. I was thinking it would be cool if he was in clothes of say the 20's ..

Bob - Did you use a plug-in Sepia filter?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I like your black and white work :cool:

Even if he was in clothes from the 20's . i still like this shot.. Keep it around for when he's in his 40's and can look back on it..

A friend of mine is a photographer, she took her 4 year old nephew out on a shoot in some bib overalls, she got a cute pic of him waterin a tree (no, nothing graphic) it was a clean angle, did it in b&w. It was a definate spur of the moment shot..

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Tip

For sepia tones try this.

Take your image convert to Grayscale. Then convert back to CMYK or RGB. Make a new layer above your background layer and fill the entire layer with a redish/yellowish/brownish color. Set you layer mode on your layers pallet to "color" (circled below) then drop your opacity of that layer (circled below) to reach your desired effect.

If you want more contrast try placing a curve or levels adjustment layer between the two layers. By putting it between them you are effectively altering pixel data of the background image w/o screwing up your color. This is a really flexible way to make sipia pics expecially when you print the image out becasue it may not resemble what is on your screen and you can then adjust accorningly.

The color layer mode is definately someting you should play with for a lot more than sepia pics though. It keeps the image data below but changes channels (re-mixes) them to take on the color in which you paint above. You do not have to fill an entire layer with the color either, you can paint it in selectiely to say smooth out the color of an aluminum frame or the chrome on a pipe...

just a thought

Attachments

• pallet.jpg
    pallet.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 110

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks Thump, that's a great tip. I'm going to give it a shot tonight when I get home.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom