MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oh yea.... That was the highlight of the journey.  We even had a Pizza delivery during one of the blow-outs along I-70.  :yeehaw:

We lost something like 4 RV tires and 4 trailer tires. The Conductor felt that they were all a result of excessive speeds, therefore, the speed limit of this years caravan is restricted to 65mph.  :thumb:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Sure. I think we are leaving for Stillwater on Sunday morning (0-dark-30). We'd be passing through central PA around 9 or 10 am.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
That's not what I heard...that version had something about wheels falling off left and right. :confused:

Speaking of wheels falling off, is the Pizza Delivery Boy still alive? I havent heard a word from Tailbone since Shawn picked my bike up from him after DW. Tell him to let us know if he's going again this year. I know he's not that computer illerate that he cant post from somewhere.

The Silver bullet will be in the caravan again this year and hopefully with 2 copilots for the ride home. ;) We arent taking the popup this year as Shawn's dad bought an enclosed trailer so we are stealing it instead. I want to be there by noon on Monday so hopefully we can get the schedule worked out with drivers so we can do a semi straight thru drive.

Leaving Sunday moring sounds good to me as it took us 25 hours doing 65/70 with a 4 hour nap. So if we leave by 9am on sunday we can allow for a 5 or 6 hour nap near St Louis again pending unseen tire blow outs. :laugh:

MrMXer327

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Departure times... may need to think about that a bit. Keep in mind, DW03 Officially begins Monday morning when the Roost is thrown.... I mean when the Rooster crows. A full nights rest would be a good thing so we are ready to go Monday morning.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I thought that Monday was mostly a set-up day. Looking at the schedule it looks like there is no reason to get there early on Monday morning...

Monday
=========
Arrivals, set-up.... HS/Poker Run course work/marking.
Big Top set-up, paperwork, etc.
Volunteer Meeting
Open Riding

I'm going to have a lot of very impatient kids (and maybe some adults) with me so I'd hate to get there early and tell them that they can't ride because of track maintenance. For that reason I registered for Tuesday. You can ride on Monday after 5:00 with a tuesday registration.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Monday is open riding....

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
An a day to get use to everything before most of the people arrive to laugh at you when you see them jumps and go :eek:

MrMXer327

LIFETIME SPONSOR
<SPAN class=EmailStyle15><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">RV - What ages are your kids? I am trying to talk the better half into allowing my 7yr old to go along. Only hurdle I need to overcome is taking him out of school for a week.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>On another note... Monday is a day of riding like Okie stated, there are just no organized events that day. </SPAN></SPAN>

<SPAN class=EmailStyle15><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">I'll also need to recruit a few of the NE Caravan members to help wrap TJ in some bubble wrap and install a throttle limiter on that 450f. I have yet to see him or his bike make it thru a DW in one piece.</SPAN></SPAN>:laugh:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by MrMXer327
I'll also need to recruit a few of the NE Caravan members to help wrap TJ in some bubble wrap and install a throttle limiter on that 450f. I have yet to see him or his bike make it thru a DW in one piece. :laugh:

Haha! :moon:

What can i say, i'm not good enough or fast enough to place high enough to get a trophy. So i have to go all out for the trophies i can get. Its either that or i see BillyWho as an idol. :eek: An Steve, remind me to ride YOUR bike. :p

DSC00190-vi.jpg

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Kids in our group include 2 eight-year olds, 3 eleven year-olds, a 14 year old girl and three 40 year-old men.

I do realize that we can ride on Monday but it sounded as though most will be busy setting-up for the week. As much as I'd like to help with that (really) I'm going to have to keep an eye on the kids the first day because they'll be NUTS. I thought a late arrival on Monday would be good for them to get an hour or so of riding after we make camp. This way they can start-off on Tuesday in a MX class.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I'm leaving about 6:00am on Sunday the 28th which will put me in Columbus,Oh about 12 noon. If any of you guys are going to be there around the same time (give or take and hour) maybe we could hook up. When the time comes we can exchange cell phone numbers to coordinate. Lets keep the post going. :thumb:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Dapper,

Columbus looks like a good place to meet up. Most of the PA/NJ caravan will be taking I-70 straight through to St. Louis where we hook-up with I-44. If you are coming down I-71, that intersects with I-70 in Columbus.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I had planned on leaving after work Saturday, but I think I can wait till Sunday to join the rest of the group.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
If you feel like making part of the trip early, your welcome to stay here and get a fresh start in the moring.

MrMXer327

LIFETIME SPONSOR
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I did a little research on Streets and it looks like exit 91 off I-70 near Columbus has a lot to offer as far as food and gas.&nbsp; Bob Evans, Perkins, Salvis Bistro, Steak 'n Shake, Wendy's, Cracker Barrel, McDonald's, Burger King, Fazoli's, Arby's, White Castle, Taco Bell, Frisch's Big Boy, Subway&nbsp;and&nbsp;KFC for food all within 1 mile of the exit.&nbsp; There is a shell, Marathon, BP and SuperAmerica gas stations there as well.&nbsp; We could meet for lunch there at 12:00. From there, we will see who else is planning to join as we travel west and arrange a few more meeting points. </SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Looks like we could travel to exit 11 off I-44 in Joplin Mo and catch some Zzzzz's. We should arrive there around 11:30pm. A FlyingJ there has showers, food, gas, RV dumping stations and a place to top off the RV’s with H2O and fill water barrels</SPAN>. It should be a 3hr drive to Cooperland from there. :yeehaw:

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">For the folks a bit further east, TJ has offered a place to rest, or folks are welcome to&nbsp;rest at&nbsp;my place in central Pa. I have places to ride and an mx track, so arrive early and have a bit of fun.&nbsp;</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Has anyone heard anything from SirReel or TailBone?</SPAN>
&nbsp;

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Did you say White Castle?

Is that an exit or a junk food convention.

efergason

Sep 12, 2002
No, Tailbone is not dead, he has only been in hibernation.
I am planning on going to dw this year. I am just trying to work out the time from work as I will be pushing the vacation envelope for time this year.
I will be traveling in a bit more style this year, no more sleeping in the bike trailer with the bike. rv air shower and a queen size bed. Anyone trying to email me can reach me at efergason@aol for about a week then @ mxrider147@adelphia.net.
Treejumper is your bike ready to go and I thought you were changing your name to splinter cause of your stellar motorcross skills.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
He Lives!! :yeehaw:

Yep, both bikes are ready to go. So an RV are you? Must be nice! Does it come with a new bike too? Take it you won the lottery or just traded that noisey desiel for it. We expect pizza delivery too but to make it easy on you, you can just cook it in the RV on your way. :laugh:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Time to resurface this thread from the bottom of the list.

What time is the NE Caravan convening in Columbus? There was talk of 12 noon on Sunday. Assuming that we all drive straight through (with allowances for fuel and bladder stops), that gets us to DW at around 5 or 6 am Monday morning. It also means that most of us will have to get on the road between 3 and 6 am on Sunday morning.

For those reasons, why don't we try to meet at 3 pm. This gives us 3 more hours of sleep and we'd get to DW at a more reasonable 8 to 9 am. With that said, I've never made the trip and I will rely on the judgment of the veterans.

I guess we should also exchange our cell phone numbers. Mine is 909.337.2715

Can’t you just feel the excitement?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Do you have a CB in the RV? I had a killer Cell phone bill last year due to the massive amount of 1min calls with the added "roam" tower charges, etc. Each minute cost me over a $1 and charged me that even when i didnt answer it. Not doing it again this year. I have Motorola walkie talkies too that we can use. But incase anyone needs it before hooking up, like running late, etc. Mine is 814-541-3727.

As for the trip we usually crash somewhere in Missouri (past St. Lois) for afew hours of sleep. Then finish the trip at sunrise. We made it there alittle after 1PM i believe. Another option is that the place we meet at is a rest stop so you can arrive early and take a nap, etc. Steve and them did that last year and drove some then slept at a truck stop before hooking up in Columbus. Doesnt matter much to me as i'll go with whatever the group wants. So everyone post their thoughts.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom