penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
The Texas Cross-country racing association ( TCCRA) had a cross-country race at a Dallas city park located in a rural area yesterday and a vocal minority(one person) managed to get a tv news crew out there and it gave a negative tone to offroad motorcycle riding. A massive response in protest by the racers and their families got the station to edit the story and put a more even handed slant to it. here is a link to the story and a poll you can vote on that might aid in preserving our right to ride and give us some positive feedback and some much needed PR for our sport.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/1468975/details/html

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks for the post penguin.

Voted on the survey. Results were 71% to 29%, OUR favor. :)

You may want to write a letter to the Editor in your local paper about what a good family sport this is. Most papers have a "Letter to the Editor' section.

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
What a bunch of wankers! Too noisey? Give me a break. I suppose they complain when ever a neighbor mows their lawn or runs their chainsaw too?! It was ONE weekend. 1,400 people having a blast vs. a couple of crotchety people. Those whiners that complained need to get over it. :silly:

At least the poll is showing a different story. :)

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
I saw where there is some houses backing up to the property. I do not think the track was close enough for them to even hear the race. They don't seem to mind the park across the road where they fly model airplanes, which I could hear while sitting in the pits.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Thanks guys. I heard the model airplanes across the 4 lane freeway myself. And most "pristine" land does not have trashbags, old tires, bricks and broken concrete littering the paths in the woods.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom