madwrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 31, 2002
Does anyone have any experience with northern CO riding? I understand there are trails around Rand and Walden, but I'm wondering if I can take my not-too-experienced 12 year old son out there without having to haul his KX85 over a bunch of rock gardens and such--he can handle most stuff if the little bike can clear it. We will be staying in the Winter Park/Fraser area for 5 days---anything else to ride around there? Should I even bring the bikes?
Thanks!

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
Grand Lake would be a good area to take your boy on. Mainly jeep roads, but the scenery is great. And if he is feeling confident, there is some great single track up there. Grand Lake is about 45 minutes NE of Winter Park. You can pick up maps at any shop up there.

madwrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 31, 2002
Dougie, Thanks for the input. I'm familiar with Grand Lake (we own a place in Winter Park--although I don't get out there much in summer), but do you know who I should contact to get trail info? Are the trail in the National Forest? If so, I can get hold of the Forest Service office and ask questions. Thnaks again. My kid is buggin' me--he's ready to GO! :aj:

Top Bottom