89_lx

Apr 5, 2008
I have a 88 125 honda and it was running good for me. but now when i start it it just acts like it is wide open. I cleand out the carburator and the throttle seems to be fine. So whats up

Any help is great. Thanks

todd36

Sep 3, 2007
If your throttle cable is not hung up anywhere then you probably have a vacuum leak. I bought a yamaha twin two stroke roadbike that a guy ran into the side of his house. He said the throttle was stuck but could never fix it. It was the base gasket

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
how did you shut it off? whenever I had a air leak I would plug the exhaust. you probably have a airleal with a damaged piston and cylinder.try doing a leak down test.

89_lx

Apr 5, 2008
I kill the motor with the kill switch. i will do that but one minute it was fine then the next it is wide open. The throttle does kinda feel like it is sticking but the needle that slides dwn is fine. Could it be the cable itself by the throttle...

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
try lubing up the cable. next time it happens move the throttle cable around and tap on the carb body to try to free it up. if thats not it like everyone else said, air leak.

Todd, RDs kick ass, had me a 73 350 in HS and regret selling it every day :bang:

Top Bottom