+30

Aug 2, 2005
Im sure there is something Im missing but Ill ask a silly question anyway,--what keeps the oil in twin chamber forks from migrating out of the holes located at the top of the inner chamber? I.E laying the bike over etc?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
there is a seal on it inside the top of the twin chamber.Its sealed at the top and also at the bottom where the rod goes in.

svi

Dec 7, 2000
Does the oil somehow circulate in these forks, the first set I built up I used a yellow oil in the inner chamber and green in the outer, next time I stripped them both chambers had green oil.

chrismxer

Aug 17, 2005
The inner chamber should be sealed from the other. Sounds like you have a bad seal somewhere. There are 3 places, the bottom seal where the shaft enters the cartridge, O-rings on the outer side of the base assembly and the inner seal where the floating piston rides on the base assembly. The last is the hardest to replace I've heard. Never done one.

svi

Dec 7, 2000
The shaft seals were fine and the damper rods fully extended after pumping them up and down dozens of times, plus it did it on both cartridges.

Top Bottom