Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
That dirty face with her smile from ear to ear is one in a million.
Went out riding and camping last weekend with the whole family, (wife, both of our parents, sisters, brothers, nephews, and nieces) and had a great time. Started off the year with my wife saying she rode when she was younger and wanted nothing to with it now. I coaxed her into coming out for a couple of weekends this year, you know compromise for the hoooooouuuurs of time spent at the mall saying "no dear it's very slimming, or yes dear that color really brings out your eyes", and besides it would give us time to spend with our families.
Once we got out there she had a blast riding her dads quad, and getting dirty; this coming from a girl who used to not like to pump her own gas because it would make her clothes stinky :silly:
Anyway we just finished talking about selling my old bike, and I jokingly said that we should trade it in on a quad, (I know! It should be a bike, but baby steps)and to my surprise she was all for it!! She even Knew what kind she wanted! I'm so happy that she is getting into the sport, I'll take all the razzing in the world of being a quad owner, I don't care if she wants to ride a motorized tricycle with the little tassels streaming from her handle bars; I'm just beside myself that she enjoys sharing in this sport with me in any way :cool:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
That is awsome. Glad its a family thing know. There will proably be less gripping that you don't spend enough time it everyone. I hear it from my GF all the time. I spend a few hours on Saturday wrenching and then go out on Sunday and ride. I come home and I hear "How come you don't spend enough time with me" I have been traveling from work a lot so I guess it kind of justified on her part :think

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
My wife is about as much a "city" girl as they come, but I think if I can get her out riding, and more importantly enjoying herself while riding, then you could pretty much get anybody out there there doing it. I think it's all a matter of getting them out there, and bending over backwards to help them enjoy themselves, and after a couple of times of doing this that bug will inevitably bite, and they'll be hooked, and out riding without ya
:eek:
Yeah it's totally a win win situation; she's happy spending more time together, and I'm happy riding with her.
Now if I could only get her to see how"fun" it is wrenching on the bikes :think

Top Bottom