CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
I have a 06 KLX110 that I am trying to sell since my sons stolen one was recovered. We are keeping the recovered bike and selling the new one. I bought the bike in December it has ony been ridden 4 times and it still has the remainder of the factory 6 month warranty. I am asking $1500 for the bike. Is that a fair price for the bike?

I have also been offered a trade for a 03 XR100+$400 cash. I was planning on getting my wife a bike anyway with the money I got from selling the bike and this bike would be the kind I was going to get for her. Does this sound like a good deal or should I just sell the 110?

Opinions?

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
You'd have to see the XR first to be able to say if it is worth it or not. If the XR is clean and in good shape, it makes a big difference versus a beat up bike that hasn't seen any maintenance since it rolled off the showroom floor. I don't know for sure what the value is in your area for either bike, but I know I'd have to see his trade before I'd even consider it.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Is the XR much bigger than the KLX? Id say that just keep the Kawi for your wife for that deal. On the flip side, bikes loose thier value off the showroom floor just like everything else. My brother just bought a KLX110 new for 1300 out the door, so your chance of getting 1500 isnt impossible, but might be tough.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
The seat height on an XR 100 is about 5 inches higher than a KLX 110. The Honda also has a manual clutch, and 5 speed transmission. The KLX is a 3 speed auto clutch. The KLX is more comparable to an XR 70 sizewise and in its design. The XR 100 is significantly more advanced in its design, with a proper clutch and transmission and a better chassis, particularly for a larger person. Unless his wife is tiny, and wants to go very slow to the point of any sort of trail riding being painfully slow, the XR will be a better bike.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
slickpuss said:
. My brother just bought a KLX110 new for 1300 out the door

That's a pretty good trick, since that's below cost.

$1500 sounds reasonable, if the bike is as described.

CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
Thanks for the replies, I am going to look at the XR today and make a decision. It looks pretty good in the pictures that I have seen and he has renthal bars, FMF pipe, new chain, sprockets and guide that have recently been put on.

Not sure how you pulled off a new KLX110 out the door for $1300 because like previously mentioned thats below cost. :think:

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Hey Vic, check outthedoormotorsports. They have some killer deals, no hassle. I bought a CRF50 for 899.00 OTD brand new the same day. Is that below cost also? Who cares its in my garage now with a legal pink slip.

Jeez this post is old, why am I posting this. Oh well. I forgot the differences on the XR and KLX, your headed in the right direction with the XR.

Top Bottom