Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
Just watched the race last night and it was awesome. Im a huge fan off Bubba but support ricky cause he is riding a RM250 now :nener: but also support chad cause hes an aussie and im a kiwi.
What a race the main was, had everything. What happened to ricky when he let Bubba past?
And didnt he looked rattled all night, didnt look like the dominating ricky from earlier in the season. Wonder whats up with him?
Bubba is gonna clean up soon, he is super fast.
Chad won, but more from luck and patiance.

Has Ricky got enough to still take this thing out, why didnt he go out and show bubba and chad how its done?

The way I see them on the track, Chad has them on the whoops (super fast) Ricky in the corners and straights and Bubba has them with the jumps with his amazing scrubing ability.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What happened to ricky when he let Bubba past?
RC fans keep saying "let" , it's all good :p

Disagree about corners tho, I can't recall ever seeing ANYONE as fast in the corners as JBS... watch the heat again, he pulled RC bad in the turns.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Okiewan said:
... watch the heat again, he pulled RC bad in the turns.
As a loyal RC fan I have to agree, the first time I can remember anyone looking faster through the turns than my boy Ricky. I am impressed By Bubba on the 250 more than I thought I would be this season, but he still has to do it over time (in the 250's) before I hand him the crown :boss: . Scary fast unlimited potential I hope he lives up to it! I am now officialy psyched for the rest of the SX and the Nats :cool: Okie can now call me a hater again :rotfl:

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
Okiewan I was talking from what I have seen from all riders over the period of the 05 AMA, not just that one race. That race bubba had it all over ricky chad and KW. Bring on Dallas, im picking KBS RC CR

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
Haha lol Kames Bubba Stewart of course hes an up coming ridder next to James on the key board.
And sorry I meant the pass in the heat race where ricky stoped high in the berm and james went by(maybe he missed a gear or maybe just heard the green machine coming up fast)

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I don't think Chad was lucky at Orlando. Maybe with Bubba but he was sticking it in on RC before his crash. Looked like a battle to the end. Bubba seemed to have really good lines and was able to maintain incredible speed when taking the inside. He is really scary in the whoops though. Don't leave much margin for error when he's entering them so fast.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Bubba made LOTS of mistakes...He needs to slow down a bit because he cannot last at that kind of pace for 20 laps against RC and Reed without losing it....There's a high possibility for more growing pains for Bubba...He's a player, but he needs to cool it down a notch.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
Rotaholic said:
I also support chad cause hes an aussie and im a kiwi.

Thought aussies and kiwis hated each other?

I missed Orlando! Im gutted because I set my video up to record, because SX in the Uk is always broadcast at 3am, then without thinking, I turned my tv and vid off at the plug! I realised the next day when I came to watch it :( I missed Daytona because Speed covers it, Ive missed Orlando, and then they get a week off! All this time without an SX fix is killing me, Im starting to cold turkey :eek:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
john3_16 said:
Bubba made LOTS of mistakes...He needs to slow down a bit because he cannot last at that kind of pace for 20 laps against RC and Reed without losing it....There's a high possibility for more growing pains for Bubba...He's a player, but he needs to cool it down a notch.

I agree with you. Bubba's fast, no doubt, but he leaves no margin for error. You don't win races, let alone championships, riding like that. Well, you can win races, but you can also end up on your face quite a bit. That's a rookie mistake.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
mtk said:
I agree with you. Bubba's fast, no doubt, but he leaves no margin for error. You don't win races, let alone championships, riding like that. Well, you can win races, but you can also end up on your face quite a bit. That's a rookie mistake.

Let's see, he's won races and championships in the 125's riding like that (and yes, folks said the same thing then).

RC is a rookie then? How many times has he ridden "like that" this year and fell down?

2 races in on the 250's , a 5th and a 3rd. No bad for a rookie.

Why he doesn't come on here and read all the expert advice floating around, I just don't know.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
mtk said:
That's a rookie mistake.

Bubba is far from a rookie. :coocoo: The kid has more time on a bike than some of the guys that have already retired.

Ol'89r

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
I think they are all pushing their abilities (albeit super human abilities!) trying to be the #1 guy and at that speed one of them is going to end up seriously hurt! (probably JBS since he is to stupid to have any fear. LOL just kidding.......but he does fear nothing!)

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Bubba definititely seems quicker in the corners... in the outdoors he is definitely faster over jumps with his bubbascrubbing (or at least he's the most impressive to watch IMO). Ricky is just consistently fast everywhere, and Chad seems to be the smoothest in the rythm sections and whoops, where Bubba (Orlando) and Ricky (Daytona) are a little wild and crashes have cost them races. What is with Ricky flopping over in corners? I saw him do it at Atlanta and also this past race in Orlando. Anyway, is anyone keeping a running count of crashes per rider for the season? It would be an interesting statistic.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
No one in the 125 ranks was up there challenging Bubba. Given that, we have no idea how hard he was really riding in the 125 class since I don't think it took his maximum effort to win every weekend. The 250 class is a different world.

That 3rd would have been an easy win, had he rode smart and backed it off ever so slightly. Instead, he landed on his face and lost two positions in the process. That's called "riding stupid" in my book.

RC's also the first to admit that he was stupid when he falls down like that. He understands what it takes to win championships in the premier classes of offroad racing, since he's done it before. Bubba hasn't.

It's not about being a rookie rider, it's about being a rookie racer. Smart racers only go as fast as they need to go to win. Anything more than that is just exposing yourself to excess risk and being extra hard on your equipment. To win, first you must finish. So far, Bubba's broken his arm and knocked himself out of a win by making foolish mistakes while taking risks he didn't need to take.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
Bubba has stated himself that if he isn't at least 20 sec. ahead of everybody else he's panicking. Other than being out of control he's one fast SOB. I couldn't believe how fast he passed RC and pulled away so quickly! If he settles down and only goes as fast 'as needed' instead of trying to pull away and beat everybody by 40secs or more like he did in the 125's, he's no. 1 everytime. (I still want RC to whip up on him though!)

Dr.Lou

May 7, 2002
Tough Road Ahead

I think its a new season. Bubba has RC and CR just a little bit nervous, because they must suspect that he is just faster than they are. And they were already pushing it to the max. At this level, and speed, a little bit nervous (and a little less confidence) can affect how they ride. I think both are in danger of losing the edge they need to compete with Bubba. I hope that at least one of the two can step it up even further, cause I don't want to watch 5 years of Bubba winning everything without a contest. Bubba will learn quickly how to stay upright. He learns everything quickly. Maybe already has.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
xsnrg said:
bubbascrubbing

Did you listen to the interview where they asked him about the Bubbascrub? It was funny, he said he doesnt know how to tell someone how to do it, he just does it. Then he commented on the only reason he was doing it when he started out was to scare the crap out of other riders. I dont remember the names but he said several of them have pulled off the track right after he did that. They thought he was going to take them out. :laugh: The interviewer said that now both RC and CR are trying to do it and JBS just laughted and said whatever. :)

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
The more I see it or pictures of it, the more impossible it seems. I'd swear that it was a photoshop creation. Especially when you see the footpeg on the "bottom" side plowing dirt and leaving a rut. I would think that would be an automatic wipeout. I think his nickname should be further modified to "Scrubba"

http://www.racerxill.com/RXimages/AMI_WP/070704/Stewart_Stone_864.jpg

Sick!

Last edited:

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
brit yz125 said:
Thought aussies and kiwis hated each other?

Nah not at all, couldnt ask for better neighbours, we get on great. Its just an on going thing that we have, with all the jokes and competition etc.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Okiewan said:
Hopefully he reads your words of wisdom.

Funny, Valentino Rossi, the multi-time roadracing World Champion, said basically the same things in a recent interview about his championship winning season on the Yamaha last year. His goal was to ride at 96% because any more than that lead to mistakes and mistakes lead to crashes, DNFs, and being an "also ran" in the standings.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
mtk said:
To win, first you must finish. So far, Bubba's broken his arm and knocked himself out of a win by making foolish mistakes while taking risks he didn't need to take.

I seem to have a whole different take on Bubba's practise crash at Phoenix. I believe, and this is only my opinion, he was looking for a short cut. He was trying an inside jump line in that corner. He was doing it in practise since that is the time to try different lines, not during the race.

Had he been able to make it work and used it to jump past RC during the main, everyone would have gone nuts. :yikes: Unfortunately it didn't work and bit him. Now, everybody bags on him for trying to win practise. :(

The kid rides in his own comfort zone. That comfort zone is a couple pegs above everybody elses comfort zone. When you are used to riding at a certain level and then you try to slow down and be cautious, that is when you start to make mistakes.

As far as Rossi goes, last year he rode a lot like Bubba and won every race. This year he has lost a few. Maybe, he needs to step it up about 4%. ;)

Just my own observatons.

Ol'89r

Top Bottom