mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Huh? Rossi hasn't ridden at all this year since the opening round isn't until April 10th at Jerez.

In 2004, Rossi won on the Yamaha because they made it more user-friendly and he didn't have to push as hard. That allowed him to work less and put pressure on other guys to make mistakes. When they did, he passed them and away he went. The year prior, he was on the Honda, the best bike in the paddock, and simply ran away with it. The Yamaha was clearly the underdog bike and it was a combination of Rossi's skills and his understanding of racecraft that ended up in Yamaha's first World Championship in 12 years. But don't take my word for it, read Rossi's interview in the January 9, 2005 issue of Cycle News.

Rossi, much like Bubba, has got superior skills to everyone in the paddock (perhaps even RC). But unlike Bubba, Rossi's also the shrewdest tactician in the paddock. Rossi is wise beyond his 24 years. Bubba still rides like the 19 year-old kid he is: all balls and little brains. While "win it or bin it" is popular with the crowd, it rarely yields as many championships as smart racing and risk management. And yes, it can be hard to back it down a touch, but you've got to know when you need to attack with reckless abandon and when you need to temper your enthusiasm and bring the bike home upright.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So I just heard Pastrana is making a return at Dallas tomorrow. Did I say I'm pumped to go this year?

Imma throw all the haters over the edge.

1) JBS
2) TP
3) KW

RC makes more "rookie mistakes" and remains less intellegent than Rossi.

CR's Yamaha pukes at the line again, takes 20 minuites to fix, they start without him.

:p

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
HA!!!!

RC................got something to prove
CR............... he's consistant
KW..............JBS crashes out
JBS............. he crashed out
TP................maybe
LaRocket......just because I like the s.o.b

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Windham third? :rotfl:

More likely is that he'll get lapped by RC, Reed, and Bubba. RC will also drop it and pass him less than gently, as he heads back for the leaders, leading to another round of whining from KDub in the post race interviews. :blah:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Okiewan said:
CR's Yamaha pukes at the line again, takes 20 minuites to fix, they start without him.

:p

CCC wont let that happen, so while the mech tech is fixing his bike, the audience will have too sit thru repeated Nissan and EA sports commercials or go buy beer and miss the first 4 laps :laugh:

Last edited:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
RC is doing the same thing he did when he got pressure from Reed a couple of years back..gets all tight and either crashes or starts loosing races. This was predictable.(and has been posted before) .unless your a hard core RC fan. Reed is the one who is keeping cool this time as he did last time in the same situation. I still think Bubba is the fastest out there and therefore the fastest ever. I also still think its only a matter of time before he dominates.Even though I'm a hard core Bubba believer, one thing to consider in RC's behalf is in Orlando he was in his "mental cramp" because he's got a guy out there who is truely faster. BUT even believing as I do about James Stewart, I don't think the speed differential shown between Bubba and RC at Orland to be the true measure just yet. That's a brain cramped RC vs. Bubba. A confident and loose (as possible) RC is just a little slower than James Stewart. But slower. (even though they both are light speed faster than anyone else including Reed.)

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
mtk said:
Huh? Rossi hasn't ridden at all this year since the opening round isn't until April 10th at Jerez.

In 2004, Rossi won on the Yamaha because they made it more user-friendly and he didn't have to push as hard.

The year prior, he was on the Honda, the best bike in the paddock, and simply ran away with it..

Yes sir, you are correct. I was talking about last season and the one before, since this season has barely begun.

And if I remember correctly, :coocoo: he was beaten a few times by Gibernau and once by Max Biaggi. And even Rossi at 96% can have a bad day like the one he had at Qatar.

My point was, when Rossi came out of the little bikes many people said he would not be able to win like that when he moved up with the big boys. He rode with youthful abandon, backing it in and powersliding out. He did things on the big bike that made people scratch their heads and go Hhmmmmm??? A lot of people thought he would toss it away with that riding style. Well, he didn't. In fact he won them all. Granted, a lot had to to with the superiority of the Honda but, a lot had to do with his talent and youthful exuberance and the fact that he was just plain having fun out there. Just like Bubba.

I was only comparing Rossi to Bubba and how when Rossi had the same attitude, nobody could touch him. Now he is slowing down and thinking more and he has Sete and Max breathing down on him and beating him. Nothing against Rossi because I think the kid is fantastic.

I don't know for sure how Bubba will do tonight, but after watching him two weeks ago at Orlando and watching him at the Kawi practise track I feel he is very capable of winning the thing. If he doesn't win tonight, I have no doubt he will win a few before the season ends.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Okiewan said:
So I just heard Pastrana is making a return at Dallas tomorrow. Did I say I'm pumped to go this year?

Pastrami will win practise, do good in the heat and during lap two of the main, his arms will turn to noodles, he will go down in the whoops, break sumthin and take LaRocco out with him. :yikes: :ohmy: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just my observations. ;)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
He won't even get to the main.

Evoboy

Nov 25, 2004
What is it he (TP) is even trying to do??? Did anyone else catch the interview from his trip to the redbull training facility?? He was there for his arm, yet found time for the cars? TP needs to hang up the SX/MX helemt and stick to one sport where "maybe" he can stand out. Just my $.02-

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Sometimes its nice to say "I told you so" Guess I should have taken you up on this. (I've predicted Pastrana's chances accurately since 2000 after he crashed his brains out at Unadilla..of course that's not really very difficult..just say nothin's going to happen and you would be right most of the time!!) Just celebrate the fact he was a 125 National Champion and thats quite an accomplishment.

Top Bottom