djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
:laugh: :laugh: What's the best fix for the overheating problem. What aftermarket stuff will fix this bike for Eastern woods riding. Its time to get ready for hare scramble & enduros. When we were riding this fall the bike blew in the woods. I want more of a fix than the radiator cap. Boysen's new impeller and cover? Lets have some talk about this, can you imagine riding this bike stuck in a rut or on a hill in the woods in july or august when its 98 degrees and 90 % humitiy. :flame: Sure the bike works fine in the open with lots of air flow, but you guys know what I mean. :think: :think: Lets hear what your going to do?

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
Djj,

I picked up my KXF late in the year when the temps were around 50 so I haven't had the bike in any summer weather yet. But I put a overflow tank off of a KDX 200 behind the left side radiator, so if it does overheat and pukes out the fluid it will catch it and suck it back in when it cools down. I have the 1.6 radiator cap but it isn't on the bike yet, I want to see if it really needs it. I know a couple of people that got their KXF early in the year when it was hot and they didn't have any overheating issues.

Weld it

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm sure that you've seen the dirtbike magazine article on RPM's overbore kit, says it adds 20% to the cooling system capacity? :think: Might be worthwhile...

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
what kind of mods did you have to do in order to get the overflow to fit on the kxf? are the overflows availaible from your local kawasaki dealers? how much did it cost?

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
Lonewolf,

$12.00 investment in parts through the local dealer, and I had to make a small aluminum bracket out of flat that bolted to the overflow tank and then bolted to the radiator shroud
mounting point. Send me a private mail and I will email you the pictures of how I did it. I haven't posted pics on DRN so I am not sure how to do it. It took about 15 minutes to put it on and you can just barely see the overflow tank when it is all assembled.

Weld it

Lonewolf said:
what kind of mods did you have to do in order to get the overflow to fit on the kxf? are the overflows availaible from your local kawasaki dealers? how much did it cost?

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thanks weld it, my email is Lonewolf86gn@aol.com, could you send me some pics. i am still undecided on which bike i am going to buy. its between the crf250 and the kxf250. i am leaning toward the crf because it seems to feel a little more roomy for me and i am kind of tall.

Top Bottom