Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've tried them and I like them! Do we add them to the ultimate AFX?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Fastway pegs. 'course I've never tried the pivot pegs

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I have the Fastways and LOVE them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I have IMS Pro pegs and they are great but.... the Pivot Pegs are nice in that they actually stay in contact with the bottom of your boot better than any fixed position wide peg I've ever ridden on including the Fasyway pegs. If you stand up when you ride and work steep climbs or decents you really appriciate them. What makes the Fasway pegs "it"? A specific feature? Cost? Because that's what you have on your bike? Just curious as it seems people seem to vote for products they have more often than not.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
People are going to vote for stuff that they's got experience with?
Maybe Flexx Bars with Fastway barkbuster mounts are the hot ticket, maybe pivot pegz are too, but people tend to use a lot of the other stuff for one reason or another.

As long as everyone keeps in mind, this is the bike they could build if $$ weren't as issue, it's all good.

All that being said, I didn't care for the Fastway F3's... not enough bite. I prefer the IMS Pro Pegs.

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
I like them because I can always find that big wide peg, plus I like the lowboy setup, but they are not sharp which doesn't bother me but if you like sharp pegs, I would probably look at the moose wides or IMS.

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I have gotten the idea that Pivot Pegs are one of those love them or hate them products or at the very least something that takes a while to grow on you.

In general I like the idea of us (members of Dirt Rider.net) using products we use in making our own bikes better and not just throwing the most expensive parts on it.

It seems like it would be a better reflection on us as a group than sending a blinged up $20,000 creation with every bell and whistle on it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I have Fastways and the Pivot Pegz, and the Pivot Pegz are the coolest thing ever. I'll never be without them on future bikes. Plus they now have a simple to install travel limiter kit that allows you to fine tune the pivot action .

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Personally I am a fan of the ProCircuit Titanium pegs. Mud does not pack in them, GREAT grip and wide.

I think we should start a new poll listing some of the pegs referenced here.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Never tried the Pivot pegs. I have rode a bike with the Fastways and like those, they are a good choice. My last bike had the Moose oversized pegs on it, the one I just got will have Moose on it as well. They grip well, and tend to not pack mud. but if they do one kick with the boot and the mud clears out LOL

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I like the Fastways, the IMS Pro pegs chewed my boots up.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The IMS Pro pegs could chew a hole in a steel plate Bob.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Maybe so, I like my feet sticking to the pegs tho... the Fastways (F3 are the ones w/o the screw in pins yeah?) just never semed to grip well for me.
Me too, hence the reason I like the IMS Pro and the Pivot Pegz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom