88yz125

Aug 19, 2003
I have a 88 yZ125. And it has a problem at high RPM's. I put a new piston in in it. And I took it to the shop and they put new parts in the carb, and rejetted it. But yesterday when I took it out, there is power sometimes, and sometimes it just boggs. It gets really anoying. Could somone plz help me. Thanks

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Does that model have a power valve? If so it could be sticking. If it doesn't open all the way you will not have much top end.

endurohero

Apr 16, 2003
these models did have some odd electrical problems most of all stator coils, I had 90 125&250 the 250 source coil would lose continuity when heated the symptom was the bike would make good power when cold but when it warmed up it would misfire, pop ,sqawk, bark then die .Most of the symptoms seemed like a fouled spark plug, but when the plug removed and inspected and tried in a similar bike it would run just fine.When the electrical componets where bench tested all results where in the range specified buy the manual, until i heated the stator up with a hair drier the resistance would increase as normal then just lose all continuity.Luckilly that year of yz the coil was sold seperate to the rest of the stator so you can desolder the old one and install a new one.I would recomend a complete test of all electrical parts(accept for CDI box as damage could result if the wrong tester is used)and a comparison made to the factory specs.

Top Bottom