Jun 12, 2005
Ok so i went riding today and here in BC its getting down to like 0-8 degrees celcius. So i first started off on some access roads and my bike felt pretty good but my throttle response feels a bit outta whack and bogs a bit. So once we were done we went to a big open area with jumps,whoops,berms,etc. As i was putting around in 1st i started to notice my bike has no more power! I was crack the throttle and the response was so slow and bogging. So i shut my bike down and let it sit for acouple minutes and then started it up, let it idle for a bit and then the problem was gone. What im trying to figure out is how can i fix my throttle response and what caused my bike to just all a sudden become very sluggish then stop would it of been the power valves sticking open? Im no mechanic so any input would be great. I also just added a new fmf fatty. But my main concern is why my throttle response is a bit boggy. I cant even get the front wheel up on flat ground with just using the throttle.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
check your air filter, is it clean?

sounds like your running rich, did you change your jetting at all? try checking your spark plug.

also do a compression check, my 90'cr125 has 150psi and i still don't have enough power, time for a new top-end.

Jun 12, 2005
yah i havent jetted it yet. Should i start there? I have a decent amount of spooge but i think my spark plug is a light brownish color. The bike starts mainly in the first couple kicks now that its starting to get colder. But in the summer it started first kick and i didnt put many hours on the bike then. I dont think my air filter is clean. I am going to buy a cleaning kit and clean it. But the bike still has quiet abit of power like its not drastically missing power but i feel as if it is slightly lacking some power. If only i could get an expert to ride my bike and get there opinion.

Jun 12, 2005
Well theres not much riding in coquitlam but i go out to maple ridge and mission. I go to stave and mcnutt.But it looks like im wrapping down for a bit as its started to snow here. Any tips on how to store my bike for the winter? Its being stored in a non insulated or heated shed.

Jun 12, 2005
Its not really cold its rarely dips down to around -2 degrees celciuis. But how can i clean my air filter. Do i have to use one of those cleaning kits or is there a more cheaper way?

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
ive used SIMPLE GREEN,gas,solvent etc. but the cleaning solutions just for foam filters are your best bet to not harm the foam. then use a good foam filter oil (PJ1 works well)

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
Just Go And Buy One Of Those Ready Filters They Are The Greatest Thing On The Market Open The Package And Put On They Come Pre Oiled And Ready To Go.. They Are Usally Like 10 Bucks..

Top Bottom