Ler0yJenkins

Apr 23, 2006
Can anyone recommend a relatively quite muffler for a 2002 YZ250?? I'm tired of pissing off my neighbors and just want something quiter than stock. Any suggestions?

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
I just purchased a fmf turbine core II for my trip to silver lake michigan....I personally cant tell the difference, but others tell me its a bit quieter. I put my stock silencer back on my bike when I got home. I don't think a new silencer will stop pissing off your neighbors...but it might make you more popular with your neighbors neighbors neighbors....neighbors...haa haaa

jonny

Ler0yJenkins

Apr 23, 2006
Thanks for the replies. I'm really looking for something that will make a significant difference in noise reduction. Not only to stop pissing off my neighbors but also because I'll probably end up doing a enduro-conversion and I'll need to pass an inspection. I've heard that they give you a hard time if your bike is really loud and I want the process to go as smoothly as possible.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Good goal. :cool: Fmf's "Q" (quiet) is about the quietest you will find........it's basically the Turbincore, only a little longer (more packing) Kinda big, kinda heavy, but will help to keep our trails open. My 250 does not lack any power with it.

Ler0yJenkins

Apr 23, 2006
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Good goal. :cool: Fmf's "Q" (quiet) is about the quietest you will find........it's basically the Turbincore, only a little longer (more packing) Kinda big, kinda heavy, but will help to keep our trails open. My 250 does not lack any power with it.

This looks promising. Does anyone know the stock db level of a YZ 250??

bellracing2

Feb 10, 2006
Ler0yJenkins said:
This looks promising. Does anyone know the stock db level of a YZ 250??
I've got the "Q" also , and like it . It is definatly long , but it doubles as a handle for picking the rear of the bike up ! :rotfl:

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
I have an fmf turbine core 2 not bad. quieter than stock. Or try this http://www.thedbsnorkel.com/

+1

I've got a fmf fatty and turbine core 2. Bought the bike with it already on it and it's pretty quiet from what everyone tells me. I ride around the hood all the time and never get any complains from neighbors. theres a dude w/ a newer stock yz125 behind me and I can hear him all over the neighborhood.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom