the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
The "Slash 'n' Scramble" .. a 2 loop dez scramble held at Stoddard Wells of all places. Staged at the Slash X. Pretty cool format - it was like a motocross start. Class and division went off in rows - live engine flag start. It was a 100 foot chute and then a hard left off into the desert. I had a great start until my surprise at my great start made me forget to shift up. Everyone blew past me. :think: Pretty funny actually.

The loop was published around 35 miles but I counted more like 25. I think I need to revisit my WatchDog wheel size. The course was very gnarly - kinda like a Training Wheels Stoddard course on steroids. A lotta silt - especially on the 2nd loop. I actually hit one spot where my front wheel was basically swallowed and I immediately stalled. A BIGGG silt hole.

I counted at least 6 pretty tuff hillclimbs, a nice amount of rocks, and just chewed up everywhere. Even the sandwashes were rough. Dirty sandwashes I think they call 'em.

I had a good race. Stayed on the bike all day and my knee felt OK. Kinda weird 'cause I went to the doc this past week since my left foot has been 1/2 numb since I tweaked my knee at Rovers. It's getting a bit better bit still not right. Doc also told me I have a lax ACL in my left knee. A bit looser than it should be. Probably time for some knee braces.

One gal in So Cal prob broke her collarbone this weekend. I gotta tell ya guys, having done my 9th race this year, there are quite a few more injuries at the dez races than the enduros. It's pretty crazy actually. At Rovers one kid went down hard and smashed his head - started to have a seizure and seized up so hard he broke off a tooth! Then he flatlined for 25 minutes. They kept working him and he came back and was out of the hospital by Monday! It's insane how casually people treat the injuries. Pretty nuts.

Anyway, most of you guys would have enjoyed this course. 2nd and 3rd gear stuff mostly.

Alright - later on.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Nice report. Especially for us that only ride now in our dreams. Errr, maybe that is only me.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
kelsorat said:
Nice report. Especially for us that only ride now in our dreams. Errr, maybe that is only me.

Me too Scott. The practice I get for racing is the race before. :( I call Eric so I can ride vicariously.

Who is in for TWMC May 5&6? Thats the first opp Ill have to try out the new suspenders.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
"... my god I'm flying - that energy drink and Vanquish really do the trick. My new meats are really hooking up. Wow - I just passed that guy like he was in reverse - holy crap I think that was Paul Krause. He must be on one of those old Huskies or Rokons that pop into reverse. Man I'm glad the wife took the kids today - I really love riding. Alright I'm taking this guy out - no more eating his dust. Aww - Ok - yeah. Take that biatch. Down you go - forward I go. Boy - I do feel great today - amazing considering I haven't ridden in months. Goddamn it all those pool parties and chores are killing my racing career. Oh well - I'm definitely eating better than Eric is."

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
the Eel said:
"... my god I'm flying - that energy drink and Vanquish really do the trick. My new meats are really hooking up. Wow - I just passed that guy like he was in reverse - holy crap I think that was Paul Krause. He must be on one of those old Huskies or Rokons that pop into reverse. Man I'm glad the wife took the kids today - I really love riding. Alright I'm taking this guy out - no more eating his dust. Aww - Ok - yeah. Take that biatch. Down you go - forward I go. Boy - I do feel great today - amazing considering I haven't ridden in months. Goddamn it all those pool parties and chores are killing my racing career. Oh well - I'm definitely eating better than Eric is."
:cool: :aj: :aj:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
El Mirage- east. The same place the Sweetheart was a couple of years ago. Ill have the kids + friends & Kid, and of course, eating well :).

Top Bottom