yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
for a 96 kdx 200, any suggestions for rear tire size , I am running 110/100/18 right now ,they say they are stock with 100/100/18, I ride in tight wooded areas with lots of moisture and roots, any help will be appreciated

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Nothing wrong with a 110/100...sez me. Some don't like the increased contact patch due to rear steering issues and such.

Keep in mind that if you're going with some european thing (michelle-in) their sizes are different.

Click HERE

...post #9 for a chart.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've run a 130 (old metric) in an S12 without any problems.

Well, except the S12 brakes like a lugless sole on a pile of snot.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I'm running a 120 Maxxis right now. Fits fine and the sidewalls are so stiff, I could run that thing down to 3 lbs without any problems. I'm running 10 lbs and it feels great! Just be prepared for a real wrestling match getting that stiff bastad on! (Pay the man his $10, my wife did after the neighbors called to complain about my swearing. And I live out in the sticks too, neighbors aren't close by.)

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
skipro3 said:
... a real wrestling match getting that stiff bastad on

No joke - after that battle, I decided the $12 I saved not buying the Pirelli just wasn't worth it.

First ride was on snow covered trails, and I was down to about 5 psi to get up some of the hills. Even at that pressure, I never felt a rim hit rock.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: '..equivalent to...I believe'

So it can be known.

That's why I went to the trouble of posting a link to the thread with the picture that says exactly that.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
skipro3 said:
I'm running a 120 Maxxis right now. Fits fine and the sidewalls are so stiff, I could run that thing down to 3 lbs without any problems. I'm running 10 lbs and it feels great! Just be prepared for a real wrestling match getting that stiff bastad on! (Pay the man his $10, my wife did after the neighbors called to complain about my swearing. And I live out in the sticks too, neighbors aren't close by.)

Roger that! I helped a buddy put one on his DRZ. Made up three new curse phrases that included animals, incest and religion.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom