Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
XRpredator said:
Reed has shown a pattern of winning a championship when neither The Leprechaun nor Jimmy Stewart are racing in his class.

:laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Solid State said:
Once does not make a pattern!
Yes, but twice does.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
It is kinda suprising that Reed would call Ivan a chump, but to his credit Ivan seemed to hold up Rickey for a few laps also... Rickey had to block pass Ivan to get buy... Maybe Ivan was helping his team mate later by holding up Reed, but it's more likley that he was trying his hardest to get the best result that he could and thats his job...

Benny477

Aug 22, 2005
Reed did the same thing last year after the mud race at A1 then caught fire.He`s lead and been past in the first two races cause ricky and bubba take turns goin down so he`s gonna put it together soon I think. It`s too bad Kevin Windham isn`t in the mix that would make things even more interesting.As good as Mc and Ricky have been in supercross it`s been kinda boring with the one man show all the time.It`s nice to see some competition for a change.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Do you guys think part of Reeds frustration may stem from the fact that Tedesco is new to the class?

Heads up, I think most will concede that Reed is faster than Tedesco. Tedesco is fast, but Reed's got him. And considering he hasn't really paid his dues yet (with just couple races under his belt)....then yeah, i can see why Reed would be pissed. Under near perfect conditions, Reed still has a hard time staying with Carmichael and Bubba, but having to screw around with Tedesco puts him out of the picture.

Not my opinion....but just trying to explain what Reed may have been thinking.

In the end, that's racing. And it's nothing personal as Tedesco was holding RC up too. So maybe his unwillingness to move aside will help Reed later.

I give Ivan props for stepping up into a pool of sharks though and not sandbagging back in the 125's. Plus he's a great rider.

Micah

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
Micahdawg said:
Do you guys think part of Reeds frustration may stem from the fact that Tedesco is new to the class?
I give Ivan props for stepping up into a pool of sharks though and not sandbagging back in the 125's. Plus he's a great rider.

I see exactly where you're coming from, and I agree with you. The only issue I have with the whole deal is that:

Since Reed IS faster than Ivan... why couldn't he just get by him and gap him like RC and JS did? Reed's just frustrated. If Ivan would've moved over, Reed still wouldn't have caught RC and JS. And, if Reed would've started out front... I'm willing to bet that both RC and JS would've caught and passed him.

I really like your last statement about Ivan not sandbagging. Ivan definitely has some nads to race with these guys, and he's also very level-headed and drama free. (boring to some, cool to others)

Ryan

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Bottom line Tedesco was not getting lapped, the pass was for a position and in no way should Tedesco move over because Reed feels he is the superior rider. If you feel he held you up for an unnecessarily long time perhaps it's time to go back to the practice track and work on passing your teammates, or ask Yamaha if they can get you some teammates to practice with since no other Yamaha made the main. It may also be time to work on your starts since last I checked that is an important part of the race so you don't need to try to get past slower riders.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Micahdawg said:

I think CR's frustration stems from the fact he is faster than last year, much faster then two years ago, and still can't hang with RC or JS.. His only hope is those, instead of falling one at a time so he can get second, take each other out so he can get first.
I'm a Reed fan, but realistically, JS is a slim favorite for the championship, RC the underdog, but not much of one and might just pull it off, but Reed is the odds on favorite for 3rd.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Chili said:
Bottom line Tedesco was not getting lapped, the pass was for a position and in no way should Tedesco move over because Reed feels he is the superior rider. If you feel he held you up for an unnecessarily long time perhaps it's time to go back to the practice track and work on passing your teammates, or ask Yamaha if they can get you some teammates to practice with since no other Yamaha made the main. It may also be time to work on your starts since last I checked that is an important part of the race so you don't need to try to get past slower riders.

:nod:

HOT C

Dec 25, 2005
HiG4s said:
I think CR's frustration stems from the fact he is faster than last year, much faster then two years ago, and still can't hang with RC or JS.. His only hope is those, instead of falling one at a time so he can get second, take each other out so he can get first.
I'm a Reed fan, but realistically, JS is a slim favorite for the championship, RC the underdog, but not much of one and might just pull it off, but Reed is the odds on favorite for 3rd.

Last edited:

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
From TWMX:

Word we hear is that Chad had some unpleasant things to say to you afterwards…
(Laughs) I think he was really frustrated after the race. He was pointing his finger at me like he was going to get me back next weekend, so I rode right up to him to see what he had to say. My adrenaline was going too, and I didn’t think that what I did to him was dirty; I just kind of stuffed him. We exchanged some words. It wasn’t real pretty, but that’s the way it is.

I think he thought I was really holding him up. Those guys are so used to everyone just letting them by. Not clowning on any of the other guys, but I am the new guy in my class and I am paid to race everyone as hard as I can. I am not gonna let up and let Ricky by because he is my teammate. We are all in the same race, and racing means that you try as hard as you can.

Did you actually hear him call you a chump on the podium?
No, but I had some people come back to the semi and tell me about it. I am sure he was frustrated and Reed is one of those guys who gets all emotional on the podium, so I guess he just said some dumb things. I wouldn’t say that it was right, but he was frustrated and got a little excited up there and said some things that he shouldn’t have.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I think Chili made an excellent point. Hot Sauce wasn't a lapper. Ivan has the speed and the credentials to make any racer work to pass him. None of this move aside crap to let Reed by.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
So now we got the Bubs/RC rivalry and the Ivan/Reed rivalry.

I like what Tedesco said about everything except for this:

"I am not gonna let up and let Ricky by because he is my teammate."

To which all I have to say is.....we'll see what he thinks about racing with teammates the first time he and RC both go down because he doesn't let RC go by.

He was right about everything else...you race as hard as you can, but you do need to have consideration for your teammates.

Micah

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Micahdawg said:
He was right about everything else...you race as hard as you can, but you do need to have consideration for your teammates.
Micah

I think he did have consideration. He gave RC a little more room then say...CR. But he shouldn't just fold-up when ever RC is coming. Ivan is a Champ....not a "chump" :nener:

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
A good conversation with Reedy on Racer X:

Link--> Reed Interview
I think he spoke his mind well and didn't sound like a crybaby. It's also pretty cool what he said about some people wanting a "corporate" robot on the podium, and others wanting guys to show emotion. The long and short of this whole thing is that he's right... no matter what these guys do, they can't please everybody.

I mean, look at RC. He did no wrong whatsoever in outdoors this summer but Pred still hates him :nener:

Ryan

Top Bottom