whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Alright, so since being here I have had to come to grips with a lot of years of thinking I knew what I was doing jetting and fuel wise! So now I have a line on the best fuel stock and a very enlightened individual who posseses what I think will be the next big thing in racing, On board telemetry for anything you want, 3d track mapping,gps tracking,suspension,clutch and wheel slip,motor, carb and I am betting current temp outside!!!! It is expensive,starter packs a little more than an aftermarket exhaust system, and real time add another 0. Plenty of other sports have been using this stuff for a while, it seems us dirt guys are a few years behind! current rules are a little vague, I don't think it is legal to have this stuff on during an ama race, but practice, pfffft! The hope that we get efi systems for 08 makes this even better, these systems will be compatible and changing your mapping can be done by hooking your laptop up to it! Anyone want to fess-up to using this already? Talk about giving a kid matches to play with, THANK YOU RICH!!

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
So you met Dave.I would not doubt Honda has all that stuff on there bikes at their private tracks for testing purposes.I always leave his house with my head spinning after his 2 hour classes :)Shares what he knows so freely.All we need know is for him to have his own fuel forum on here.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Have you ever talked to him about 2strokes, after he gets done shaking his head and laughing! Great person to know! I am gonna try the o-2 sensor and a special gauge for the 450, no more spooge! And the phillips-chevron 2 stroke trans fluid(that smells like differential fluid is the best trans oil I have ever seen!) is only recommended in engines with separate oil from the crank has ended my clutch issues and cooled the motor.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The more you play with data acquisition the more things you'll think of that you'd like to measure and compare. It's really interesting stuff, and a huge advantage for anyone who takes the time to learn how to read the data. Time well spent in my opinion.

Dave Redszus will prove to be an amazing resource when it comes to interpreting the data you collect.

If you really want to stretch your brain to it's limits sit down for a few hours and chat with Dave Sr. and David Jr ( the PhD in the family) . A couple hours with those two guys is like a full college course in materials science all things combustion related. They'll even talk chassis dynamics if you wander down that path.

I'll be forever indebted to those two guys for all the help they have given me over the years. Truly a couple of stand up gearheads who are incredibly generous with their time.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
YES! Dave sr. is priceless. How about Rch, Eric,Jeremy and the fuel doctors having a pow wow? Dinner at Ron of japan,count me in! Internet Q and A?

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I did run his fuel in my '00 CR250 untill I got my '04 CRF450 of which I run it in this bike too.On the 2 stroke the fuel burned very clean as plug readings were unreliable of which Dave recomended piston top visual readings,a creamed coffee color if I remember correctly.I never got around to buying a bore scope to look at the readings.On the 450,I didn't change anything and it seems to work well.Not that there may be room for improvement,I just never got around to finding out.Let me know how your visit went and what you came up with if you wish.

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Xamax, best thing since remote control and breasts! dave Sr, is a welcome relief to talk to(3hours) Finally got the o2 sensor, waiting on Eric for a hopped up 125 to put this 2 stroke oil at 20 to 1,using Firepower 527, he said not to worry about the rich mix, the oil is volatile! That brand trans fluid is unbelievable also! And I got the commute down to an hour. Dave had a good laugh when I brought up the theory that Normally asperated engines should be spewing fuel into the header! No red or orange headers here! In a couple of weeks I bet I have a 2stroke running 20:1 oil with no spooge! Can't read plugs no more on 2 strokes either! Oh how I wish I had enough crap in my gas to read a plug,make my header gow in the dark and spew spooge out to contaminate the ground for the next 10,ooo years,NOT! RYDMOTO we are looking for some thawed ground within reason to go riding this weekend, my son is a maniac and I have not rode in a while! Course we could try hooking up with NIKKI !

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Course we could try hooking up with NIKKI !
She's married.
To a REALLY large man. That doesn't talk a lot.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
This is how I know. I also asked it if I should buy a new bike and it said yes!!!!!!

Attachments

• 8-ball 2.JPG
    8-ball 2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 130

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Okay so the 8 ball or looking out the window works better than the tv! Motoland is pushing for next week,and the guy down south has not called back yet, he is either grooming or riding! Have you messed with adding more ether to the magic? I have to put on some Mozart and do some cyphering to make a bong for the o2 sensor,yikes!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have a case of the trans fluid, should be good till june (4bottles). I am gonna put that plug in stainless. Dave sr. said he has a welder of Rich's. Did not jump to get on the DRN, needs more VIP incouragement,that would rule!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
kdx633 said:
would like some info on the trans oil that was mentioned
This oil is developed by phillips 66-chevron racing research company, people I know at gas stations don't even know this company exists!!!! Precision auto research in Bensenville has ALL the goodies and is a treasure of REAL imformation. The trans fluid has ended my visits to service for clutch plates,I have a stack about 10 inches using honda oils and changing every race. I have not changed this oil in 5 indoor races on the 450! Xamax 2stroke trans fluid.

Top Bottom