tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
well, went to the ortho for followup on my broken humerous. pinned and screwed together - and to top it off they did not pin far enough or the comment "i don't think we did that break during surgery..." there is a small fracture just at the bottom of where pin ends - looks kind of like a nail that cracked out of a drilled channel. so in addition to enduring the surgery for the sake of a faster recovery..., i left the office with instructions to be very careful for the next 3-weeks so as not to break off at bottom of pin. if do, then redo surgery with a 3" longer pin - right, they better keep me in a drug induced comma for the week of hell following if that happens. still no cast - just a sucky velcro imobilizing sling - has anyone heard of such a thing? - and i can occasionally feel a pinch or muscle knot in that break area - makes me sick to think of it...

well, this is it for me - so, guess i'll put my bikes on the market - '03 crf450r, '02 xt225. i'll post specifics in for sale section.
:ugg:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Wow, sorry to hear that. Don't get too down in the dumps my man. You WILL heal, so feel good about that. :thumb:

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Oh man, what a nightmare to hear they did not pin it far enough. Like the surgery itself was not bad enough. I so could not even imagine having to go through another surgery because they didn’t get the first one right….but whatcha gonna do??? That is just all wrong and I am SO SORRY to hear of this misfortune. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers that they do NOT have to operate again…..once again, I could not EVEN imagine, MAN!

I do not have a cast on my arm either because they said the incision had to be left open to heal properly. It really is sucky because you are in constant pain because there is nothing there to help support the broken bone.

How exactly did you break your arm?

Are you really selling your bikes because of this? I know I got real mad at my bike because of it breaking my arm and even changed the name of it on this forum to a Camel GT and changed my location to Egypt. :laugh:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
You're gonna heal!!! Don't give up just yet!!!! It just sucks right now. Hang in there.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
You're gonna heal!!! Don't give up just yet!!!! It just sucks right now. Hang in there.

Exactly!

I've been there (approx. 1 year of multiple surgeries and rehabs after injury), and am very glad I kept my bike. It was a PITA making payments on it while laid up, but I got years of enjoyment and many great memories from that bike after I healed.

Unless you need the cash or were planning on replacing the bikes in the short term anyways, try to keep the machinery.

Top Bottom