soreRider

Jul 5, 2006
Are there any places besides Highlands MX to ride???
I live in Bay City Texas(1 hour south of Houston).
I'm looking for family riding areas not Race tracks.
Thanks in advance.

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
skeeter isn't too far from ya. Rio is up the road a bit from ya. Look on Houstonmotocross.com at the track status page. it'll give you all the surrounding area tracks you need.

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
alot of them are pretty nice for family outings. They ARE tracks, and they can be challenging, but there's also nice lines for your average joe, not just the throttle jockeys. Personally, I love Rio. It's just plain good ol' fashion fun! Easy enough to ride at a slower pace, if you want to. But, also good enough to hold the fastest of riders in they're place. got something for all skill sets.

Jamz

Dec 14, 2005
For trail riding there is also the Sam Houston Nat. Forest. Its alot of fun up there. You can ride all day and not see the same place twice. Varying degrees of difficulty too. You can call 888-361-6908 to see if the trails or open. They do close it down when it rains alot due to trail damage.

soreRider

Jul 5, 2006
Can you have 2-strokes in Sam Houston? Spark arrestor?
That sounds more like I'm used to.I grew up in east Texas and always rode trails/dirt roads. If anyone goes to a little town named Timpson try to find a place called Hollow Rock. I haven't ridden there in 10 years but it was awesome trail riding.

Thanks again for the replies.

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
I know this thread is old, but yes, you can have 2 strokes in the National forest park. Yes, must have a USFA approved Spark Arrestor, and I think you're supposed to have some sort of headlight/taillight (I never did on my CR125).

Top Bottom