localboy

Mar 25, 2005
Hey everybody...

Well I have had my Turbine Core 2 for over a year and my buddy chastised me for never re-packing it.

I followed the directions on FMF website. Removed the front four screws, but I cannot get the inner piece to shake loose. Is there another trick besides beating the things silly...???? Directions say to gently slide out front assembly. Yeah right. Help.

Copying an excerpt from FMF below.

THANKS,
Rob
"Parting out my bike to the desert, one ride at a time"

1] Remove the muffler from the motorcycle or ATV.
2] If your muffler uses position sensitive straps or spring hooks, you will need to mark their locations. Remove the four (4)
allen screws from the front of the muffler using a 4mm allen wrench. Do not remove the rear end cap. If you have a
competitors product you may need to drill out rivets prior to dis-assembly.
3] Gently slide out the front assembly from the muffler canister. You may need to use a rubber or plastic mallet to lightly tap
on the side of the muffler to loosen it up. Be careful not to damage the muffler. [ diagram 1 ]

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
You might need ot use a razor to cut the silicone sealant at the joint. I don't use FMF so I'm not sure, but Kawasaki seals the stock silencers.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
FMF seals the silencer from the factory. DO NOT BEAT IT. You need to carefully work it apart. Some heat might help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom