browndog22

May 14, 2002
I injured my shoulder about 3 weeks ago and went to see a family doctor. He had an X ray taken and called me 2 weeks later telling me he saw something on the X ray. He wouldn't explain without a visit but wanted to get a bone scan done. From what I'm reading on the net I'm pretty sure my rotator is torn. What I'm afraid of is that if it isn't repaired soon, the tendons will scar and i't won't be repairable with surgery. Should I be trying to rush these doctors so that they can repair it or do I still have time. At this point three weeks later my arm is numb and I can only bend it outward about 45 degrees. Any insight will be appreciated!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
How old are you?

Do you smoke?

browndog22

May 14, 2002
I'm 37 years old and dont smoke and in decent health. I've been riding dirt, street and roadracing over the past 20+ years and never had an injury like this.

browndog22

May 14, 2002
I was woods riding my CR 500 through a tight trail in the snow when the front washed out on a tree root (didn't see it) anyway it yankee the bars from me and I saw stars. I didn't fall but maybe that would have been better.

G92Joe

Apr 7, 2001
I just had surgery 2 weeks ago to repair my torn rotator cuff, I had a 2 inch full tear, had 4 screws installed to anchor it - injured it about 2 months prior to surgery - MRI confirmed the tear - get the surgery as soon as possible - it will heal and rehab faster

browndog22

May 14, 2002
I was lucky, I saw the tear on the ultrasound and assumed it was a tendon tear. I just saw my sports medicine doctor yesterday and he told me it was actually a 12mm muscle tear. He told me that one more month of Rehab and I can go snowboarding. From what I read on the medical internet sites, Its very important to get these things checked and fixed right away.

G92Joe

Apr 7, 2001
Yes, it is important to get it fixed soon, because the rotator cuff muscle will atrophy and shrink back, making re-attachment less likely, the more it shrinks (assuming a full tear or detachment)

Top Bottom