woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Fred T. asked a VERY pertanent question in another thread - "did Cedar Creek get any snow from that storm thursday". For everyones info the storm completely missed us - Cedar, Horseshoe and Holton got nothing - now all we need are riders :)
Woodsy

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
How are the trails in Holton and Horseshoe? Still pretty muddy??

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Ohhhhh yeah! Just some snow showers in GR and it all melted as it fell. I'm in for Saturday! It should be primo! :aj:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
MXgirl, those Horseshoe trails have a little bit of slush left in the hidden areas - NOT BAD!! Holton is REAL nice with only the sled ridden areas with anything left on them (two tracks too)!! If ya wanna single track it is PERFECT!!!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Great, we've been wondering..we weren't sure if we wanted to venture 45min to find out the trails are still under snow or with a foot of mud. I'll let my mom and dad know. They do more of the trail riding than I do. I'm still recovering from knee surgery. Thanks for letting me know!

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Woodsy (or anyone), What is the situation with Horshoe and Holton? (I thought they were closed) Are they still clean of snow? More importantly is the ground thawed or still frozen? (I got hurt once from frozen ground). Weather reports show 50-60 degrees through Sunday! I'm thinking about riding out that way this weekend 27th or 28th maybe.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi BB:
Horseshoe is open again and the Holton loop is open on the West side.. The ground here is thawed and trails are PERFECT!! Best riding in the State right now!!
Let me know when your coming over, always looking for more ride time!!!
Woodsy

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Thanks Woodsy. Now I am 90% convinced to ride there this weekend. We have 2 riders confirmed and a 3rd maybe. Yes let's hook up - the more the better. It will probably be Sunday because I am tied-up on Saturday, but I might get Saturday freed up. Would probably plan on around 11am at the trail-head in either case. We will be driving over from the Detroit area (Novi/Livonia). I will try to firm up my plans before Friday. You can also email me at bb@twmi.rr.com and maybe we can exchange cell phone numbers. What trail-head should meet at? Thanks...

Top Bottom