May 4, 2008
dang thats a nice buggy

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Nice pics Max.

So which parts of the buggy did Ol89'r build?

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
so... the nuts and bolts laying on the buggy.... did 89r forget to put those in somewhere?? ;)

That guy in the back of the batcave-is that gramps without his batcowl?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
ODM2 said:
Does anyone know how I can get these pics to download faster? They seem to jam on me.

Get a faster connection.

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
Rich Rohrich said:
Get a faster connection.

well... I thought of that... but we can't ALL work for a major utility and have access to wide bandwidth at will.

Nobody else has trouble with Ladieu's photos? It really is just me? :whoa:

okay- I'll quit complaining.....

Nice pics anyway, kid. Even if I have to wait... and wait... and wait.

Have a cup of coffee, make dinner.... come back and check....take apart the sink, run to Menards.... come back and peek....

It's worth it to see the inner workings of gramp's shop. (and your riding.)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
ODM2 said:
well... I thought of that... but we can't ALL work for a major utility and have access to wide bandwidth at will.

I pulled the pics up at home early this morning on a low end DSL line without issue. My connection at home isn't great and they loaded fairly quick, which leads me to believe your connection is especially slow (you can check yours at http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest), or you need to clean up the local cache on your machine.

The DslReports site also has a few tweak tools that can help you tune your system to maximize downloads.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
ODM2 said:

Nobody else has trouble with Ladieu's photos? It really is just me? :whoa:

okay- I'll quit complaining.....

Nice pics anyway, kid. Even if I have to wait... and wait... and wait.

Have a cup of coffee, make dinner.... come back and check....take apart the sink, run to Menards.... come back and peek....

It's worth it to see the inner workings of gramp's shop. (and your riding.)
Envy is a personal problem.

Comcast cable modem; crap computer, photos were there instantaneously. You've got issues, ODM2. Please address them elsewhere, if you must.

Thanks, Lanieu, for posting! :cool: :boss:

Rich, thanks for the connection tips!

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
SpDyKen said:
You've got issues, ODM2. Please address them elsewhere, if you must.

Ouch. I will thank you. It is a problem confined to just Max's photos (or perhaps it is photobucket). I thought that pertinent. I only asked here because I knew there were knowledgeable photo experts. Guess that isn't allowed. oops, my bad.

Rich- thank you as always for your expertise. I'd already checked my download speed. It is more than adequate. I don't have problems with your Chicagostories website or any other photos on here. I'm sure there is an answer. I appreciate your techy help always. Guess "SpKyden" liked your answer, but not the question which elicited it. Oh well. Guess being knowledgeable is more important than learning for some. I gotta ask if I can't find a reasonable answer on my own.

Continually awesome stuff Max. Sorry to trouble your post asking photo related questions.

(Very very cool stuff Terry. PM sent.)

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Nice pics Max.

So which parts of the buggy did Ol89'r build?

Damn! :whoa: Gonna have to take the kids camera away. :yell: ;)

Rich.

The frame is a Chenowth four-seater with 18" of wheel travel on each corner and the engine is a Subaru 2.5 L with a turbo putting out 400HP. It is a very, very fun car. The engine was built by Leading Edge Racing in Temecula. Very fast. Almost scarey to drive on hard-rock.

I did all of the assembly and aluminum work. Body panels, floor panels, top, windshield, dash, console, electrical, inner panels, etc.

The car has a full body and hood. I built it for a customer several years ago and we just finished tearing it back down and powdercoating the frame. I will get Max to take a picture of it when it is complete with all of the body panels installed.

The Corvette is for sale if anyone is interested in a good Vette. It is a 1994 with 79,000 original miles on it. Driven by a little old school teacher from Pasadena. Ok, that's a lie. She's a little old school teacher from Corona. But it's a very good car in excellent condition inside and out. It's going into the paint shop next week for paint detailing and will be ready for sale in about a month. $10,000 FIRM!

ODM2. No problems with the pics loading here.

Chris. Yes, that is an ex-Chippy bike. You can blame Carlo for that.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
I did all of the assembly and aluminum work. Body panels, floor panels, top, windshield, dash, console, electrical, inner panels, etc.

The car has a full body and hood. I built it for a customer several years ago and we just finished tearing it back down and powdercoating the frame. I will get Max to take a picture of it when it is complete with all of the body panels installed.

That's some really nice work Terry. I especially like the look of the punched and flared holes on the edges of the roof panel.

It will be cool to see it all assembled.

What type of planishing hammer is that hiding in the back of the shop?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Looking at the pictures brought up a question. What does turning the "dust" switch on and off do? That is some fancy engineering, that could drastically change a bomb run...

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
2strok4fun said:
Looking at the pictures brought up a question. What does turning the "dust" switch on and off do? That is some fancy engineering, that could drastically change a bomb run...
I wondered that about the dust switch too. Figured it was like when the bat-mobile hits the afterburners or sumthin'. That's about as far as my moto knowledge takes me. lol. Hey- at least I know what a planishing hammer is!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
That's some really nice work Terry. I especially like the look of the punched and flared holes on the edges of the roof panel.

It will be cool to see it all assembled.

What type of planishing hammer is that hiding in the back of the shop?

Thanks Rich.

That's a Harbor Freight special. I really hate to send my money to China but,,,,,,,, when I can buy something like that for less money than I can buy the material to build it, it's hard not to. It's the same with the English wheel. I paid under $250 for the English wheel, brand new, complete with a set of 8 arbors. Can't buy the steel to build it for that price. :coocoo:

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
Nice price on the English wheel. Yeow.

Terry how goes the bike build. When will you be doing your first test runs at el Mirage? And yes, I've been following Max's riding photos. Talented in front of and behind the camera.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:

Chris.

The switch marked 'DUST' is for the dust light. It's a yellow light mounted at the rear of the car that will shine through dust. This keeps cars from running into the back of each other in bad dust situations. The two switches on the right of the DUST switch are for Parker Pumpers. There is one mounted in the front of the car and one in the rear. The Parker Pumpers supply fresh, filtered air directly into your helmet. Now, that's something that would be cool for a motorcycle. :cool:

The switch marked 'BULLETS' is not so you can shoot at the cars behind you. :yikes: It is for a set of red bullet lights that are in the rear of the car. ;)

The dash will eventually be re-brushed and re-labeled with proper labels.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ODM2 said:
Nice price on the English wheel. Yeow.

Terry how goes the bike build. When will you be doing your first test runs at el Mirage? And yes, I've been following Max's riding photos. Talented in front of and behind the camera.

ODM2.

Couldn't pass it up for that price.

Check out Max's latest pictures on the 'Progress on the Bonneville bike' thread. The engine has to come out of the frame and has to be finished. Need to run it in on the dyno and build a set of pipes for it and then we will take it to El Mirage. Not sure of a date yet.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Ol'89r said:
ODM2.

Couldn't pass it up for that price.

Check out Max's latest pictures on the 'Progress on the Bonneville bike' thread. The engine has to come out of the frame and has to be finished. Need to run it in on the dyno and build a set of pipes for it and then we will take it to El Mirage. Not sure of a date yet.

I'd like to come out and see that Terry if you haven't already gone.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Tony.

Will be going out to the dry lake in a couple of weeks. Still working on the exhaust system. I will let you know when we set up a date. Rescue 3 has offered to come out and stand-by. Pretty cool of those guys. :cool:

Top Bottom