Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
enough for what? A good ride? Where and when? We are finally getting some rain today, so that should help out the current dust bowl effect.

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
we ride where we can, riding areas keep closing. last time i checked tysons corner was filled with honda CRV's. not CR's :ugg:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Red,
That was 30+ years ago. The entire mess known as Tyson’s Corner was nothing but trails and hill climbs. At the corner of Rt7 & 123 sat a little Yamashop, it backed up to alpine ski shop. The Yamashop moved across the street next to the meat locker, then to Herndon before it finally failed and went out of business. Alpine ski shop moved to Oakton. Mega growth took over the area. I moved away six years ago, don't miss it at all.

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
yeah it really sucks. as soon as im off to college ( too long, unfortunately, 3 and 1/2 years) my parents are outta here to Front Royal. ill be following them i believe ;)

vtcyclist

Aug 23, 1999
So where are you guys riding?....

I rode once at Stafford in December before it was posted and closed. I was thinking about paying the fees to ut go race motocross (Budds) but really just want to ride. I am in Alexandria.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Only places to ride (open for parctice etc.) Mountaineer Raceway, Inwood WV ($25), The Landing, Easton MD ($40), the Proving Grounds, Breezewood PA ($25).
Im heading up to Mountaineer raceway in Inwood WV next sat to ride.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
MotoX, you could always go for a nice long trail ride in the woods! If I remember correctly you really enjoy the trees at DW01, right?!;)

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Well I'm kinda close to Stafford does that count? ;) Sounds like Tysons used to be cool, I live not far from there, no chance you could ride anywhere near there now. I used to ride in Springfield off Beulah Rd. it wasn't bad, built up now though. :silly: How is Mountaineer? That's not too far, actually closer than The Landing for me.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
How's it goin guys? Hey KX, got your bike goin yet? I went out yesterday in the woods over here, but no one was riding. I've been meaning to ask Ride-red if that little track he took us to is closed now. I noticed some Posted signs there the last couple of times I've gone and I'm not sure if they were there when we went riding. Made me kinda nervous riding around there yesterday, if you know what I mean.

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
boomer! your alive! yeah its still open, they just dont want outsiders in there. thats all. ive been racing the last couple of weekends. i might ride this week after school, drop me an email. sure KX, you count

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Hey Happy Birthday Boomer:cool:
Still waiting for my swingarm to show up, should be any day, got everything else...........only been able to sit on my bike and make the noises:confused:

D

Delta

New to Area

Hey im new to the area and wondering if there is a place to ride up here? im from Florida so i have no clue what is here. Im in Stafford. any help would appreciated. if you could email me at deltaforce119 at yahoo it would be great thanks...

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I live in stafford as well. There are no riding areas in stafford that I know of, but the GW natl forrest is only 2 hours away and has lots of great trail riding. I've been a couple times in the last two months.

Budds is an awsome track, but has no real practice days (unless your an SMDR member and that club has its own issues...).

I'm going to FL for a week of riding here soon. Down there many tracks are open 7 days a week for only $20/day. Wish budd's had a deal like that going on.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
bikepilot said:
I live in stafford as well. There are no riding areas in stafford that I know of, but the GW natl forrest is only 2 hours away and has lots of great trail riding. I've been a couple times in the last two months.

Budds is an awsome track, but has no real practice days (unless your an SMDR member and that club has its own issues...).I'm going to FL for a week of riding here soon. Down there many tracks are open 7 days a week for only $20/day. Wish budd's had a deal like that going on.

Care to elaborate?

Top Bottom