Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
The last two years people were able to go to the 500 and ride. I never have made it yet and was wondering if it was going to be an option this year? I sure would like to make it there at least once!

Randy

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Haven't heard much from Justql this year? I know he was involved in the club that runs the 500, maybe BSWIFT and/or some of the other Heartland Spodes too? Hopefully someone will respond, but the place is ususally open. What the cost to ride there is I don't know.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
it costs $25/year for a family membership. i don't believe that they normally sell one day passes but i think justql had an arrangement with them to do that last year. i don't know whether or not he's still an officer. i kinda doubt it since he moved so far away.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm still an officer there. Any of the heartland spodes that are members there can get you in. Swift, Dwreck, and Craig_enid are the ones most likely to be around during DW. I'll be a no show so have fun and be safe.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Thanks Justin, I got a PM from DWreck and am going to respond to him. I never made it there the last two years and was looking forward to being able to try it this year. :cool:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I know you are a woods nut, you'd like it a lot! There are some longer loops over there. A few hills too. Also, I believe most of it is one way. It can be a bit dusty at times, if there's a light rain then the next day might be the best time to go.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I didn't make it to the 500 during DW02 and would like to go I know my son would have a blast riding the long trails!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
We went last year with Lorin and a few other locals. It's pretty fun. Seemed like it took forever to get there, but worth it. We hope to go back this year. I did my tree hugging duty there last year. :bang: I don't plan on hugging any this year! ;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The 500 is like 5 miles away by road.

The MI crew hit it a few times each year we were there. We like dodging trees. There are several loops there and of various degrees of difficulty. I think there are 3 options and the loop is around 20-25 miles long. We preferred the tightest single track loop but it was easy to get off it because it ducks in an out of the easier QUAD trail. If you ride it twice you may need to bring fuel. Last year the rain made it real wet and fun but that red OK stuff killed many fork seals so if it's rainy you mioght plan to bring some spare fork seals. Have fun.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There is an OCCRA race there next Sunday. The trails will likely be whooped out in sections. We need some rain. I won't race if it doesn't rain this week. We can arrange for "special use" passes. The money will go directly to the Stillwater Trail Riders. Of course, any STR member can take a guest for free. ;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave and I would be up for a trip to the 500 if someone can show us the way.
Never made it out there last year.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I should be able to guide a ride to the 500 sometime between Wednesday and Friday. There is one small rule, though. You cant ride faster than your guide! Or at the very least, wait and pass me when there isnt anyone else around. Until then. Lorin.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Lorin said:
I should be able to guide a ride to the 500 sometime between Wednesday and Friday. There is one small rule, though. You cant ride faster than your guide! Or at the very least, wait and pass me when there isnt anyone else around. Until then. Lorin.

:laugh: If Stan Flemmings goes along he'll be "cookin' " as he puts it. Can't wait for a little 500!

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Enduro_Nut said:
:laugh: If Stan Flemmings goes along he'll be "cookin' " as he puts it. Can't wait for a little 500!

Yea, I remember when Stan was 'cookin' in a nice little stretch of some 'woods' @ Muenster, then the 'boulder creek' section came up, and his 'cookin', turned into 'slow simmer' mode :laugh:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Everytime we go riding, Stan gets faster, I just get older :ugg:

Well, he did learn from the best :)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
OK, I just posted a new thread about riding at the 500 during Dirt Week. Maybe someone who isn't as E-tarded as I can post a direct link to it. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom