Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
ANAHEIM, Calif., (April 8, 2004) – Officials at Tag Entertainment today announced that they’ve signed a distribution deal with movie giant 20th Century Fox to distribute the highly anticipated “Supercross: The Movie.”

The deal will land “Supercross: The Movie” in more than 1,000 theaters in a nationwide release scheduled for the second quarter of 2005.

“We’re confident that ‘Supercross: The Movie’ will do for the sport of supercross what ‘Days of Thunder’ did for NASCAR,” said Tag Entertainment’s Steve Austin, Producer of “Supercross: The Movie.”

Principle filming of the movie will begin on May 1st at the finals of the THQ/AMA Supercross Series in Las Vegas. Tag Entertainment’s production crew – in cooperation with Clear Channel Motorsports and Sam Boyd Stadium – will keep the stadium track in tact for an additional four days of filming following the race.

“This will be a bullet-proof, true-to-the-sport story set in a high octane environment that is the world of pro supercross,” said Steve Boyum, Director of “Supercross: The Movie.” Boyum, a former top level motocross racer from Southern California, professional stuntman and long time motorcycle racing enthusiast, added that an immense amount of attention to detail and accuracy will be paid with this movie.

“Hollywood has a way of fictionalizing sports, especially when you have someone directing the film that isn’t savvy with the sport,” said Boyum. “I can assure you that the motorcycle industry will be very, VERY proud of this film.”

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Cool!

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
im glad that they are going to stay true to the sport instead of some stupid chalies angles type supercross flick.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
I painfully admit that as much as i love the sport of MX and SX i find it very difficult to even watch it on tv let alone pay to see it on the big screen.
I hope they do a good job though, just in case i happen to see it.

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
If it is going to be true to the sport, it will have to be completely different than what Disney put out a couple of years ago.
While the movie was fun and entertaining (to a degree), it was not very realisitc in nature.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
showtime, you sayin' something about women on a bike? Look at Vuillemin, she can ride. :eek:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
riders or stuntmen?

Hopefully the director will hire the real riders to do the movie. There is no stuntman that could do what they do on a daily basis. Fake looking stuff will not go over well with the majority of riders. see xXx, freestyle is cool, but that s*** wasn't even close to realistic. Either way I'm sure I'll plunk down the 8 bucks. At least the sport will be getting some well deserved attention from the masses. :aj:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Okiewan said:
“We’re confident that ‘Supercross: The Movie’ will do for the sport of supercross what ‘Days of Thunder’ did for NASCAR,” said Tag Entertainment’s Steve Austin, Producer of “Supercross: The Movie.”

......and we all know that "Days of Thunder" was such a........nevermind.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Is that girl from the Disney Motocrossed movie going to be in it? I think I heard that...

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Is it going to be "Winners Take All 2?"

I always wanted to know what happened to Rick Melon after his Dallas SX debut.

Ride on "Bad" Billy Robinson! :)

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
It better not be stupid and lame. Either way I'll be going to see it when in comes out, but I just hope I get my moneys worth.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom