hunterdrz125

Dec 25, 2007
Suzuki DR-Z 125 exhaust?

Just got a 2004 Suzuki DRZ 125 and was wondering if It would hurt the performance if I took the baffle out of the pipe? Any info would be great. Also if anyone knows of any other good mods, please let me know. Thanks!

125rmcrazy

Sep 11, 2007
taking the packing out of the silencer isnt a good idea. you could lose power, for more sound you want to upgrade to an fmf or pro-circuit silencer for a 4-stroke. and as for making your bike quicker, the easist thing to do is put a larger sprocket on the rear. you'll sacrifice top end but have more grunt down low.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
leave the baffle in it does nothing power wise only makes your bike unecceserly loud trust me just change your gearing i/e sprocket sizes
these are small trail bikes they are not race bikes
but bbr motorsports does make some aftermarket parts for them

hunterdrz125

Dec 25, 2007
I got a Suzuki DRZ 125 for christmas and need help making it more powerful and faster. i would also like to know if anyone thinks that ROCKSTAR graphics would look good on my bike. my bike is yellow with a black seat. thanks.

meb5276

Sep 21, 2007
sparkysakitas said:
leave the baffle in it does nothing power wise only makes your bike unecceserly loud trust me just change your gearing i/e sprocket sizes
these are small trail bikes they are not race bikes
but bbr motorsports does make some aftermarket parts for them

These are not race bikes??? Have you ever heard of pit bike nationals? Ive seen pit bikes pull just as hard as a 250f as well as keep up on a track. These little bikes can be a blast. If you want to upgrade your drz to make it faster and have more power try fasterminis dot com they have every upgrade you can think of that would make a huge difference. I would recomend a big bore kit (143cc) with a hydraulic clutch and 4th speed shift drum. Also i would upgrade your suspension if you are planning on jumping larger gaps and buy heavy duty footpegs and peg mounts.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
A bike will only go as fast as the rider lets it. IMO most bikes in stock form are faster than most riders. Yes even pit bikes!

Top Bottom