Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sorry to hear about your loss Jim, but family comes before fun in my world.

I am so bummed that I am going to miss Talimena, but there is no way around it. I will have to suffer through 4 days in Big Bend the following week to compensate though.

Y'all need to get plates on those bikes and come join us for a BB ride sometime.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I have everything I need to make my 450 street legal. I just need to get it installed and get myself a license, then get the bike tagged. Can't wait to do some D/S rides.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
JMD said:
I have everything I need to make my 450 street legal. I just need to get it installed and get myself a license, then get the bike tagged. Can't wait to do some D/S rides.

Gene can attest to how beautiful it is.

I am heading there on Wednesday to do final edits on the roll chart for the Terlingua DS ride next month. I'm looking forward to my first ride since getting cleared from my shoulder injury.

We have a couple of nice 200 mile loops out there that are beautiful.

Gas is an issue. We tell everyone that they should be able to go at least 120 miles between stops.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Is anyone else from the D/FW area heading up on Thursday evening? I'll probably roll out a little before 6pm.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm probably going up Thursday evening, and I think Lust is also, maybe Gino. We might get in a night ride Thursday or Friday.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
JMD said:
I'm probably going up Thursday evening, and I think Lust is also, maybe Gino. We might get in a night ride Thursday or Friday.

Sounds good. Let me know if you guys would be interested in heading out together, assuming we're leaving at similar times.

My lights are still waiting to be used :cool:

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am also trying to go Thursday night. I am still waiting to see if my boy willl go. I will check the postings as follow up I know more. Most everyone should be going through Sherman.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
jimbo,

i got next friday off. danny and james are coming as is one of his boys. if i bring the xt, we all have lights. we are planning on doing the muse ride friday and looking into riding clayton on sat/sun. im going to get more info on clayton from tony. supposed to be miles upon miles of stuff for the annual sticker of 25bucks. ill give you and lust a shout soon.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Gino, thanks for the update. Lust has been asking whether you're going. I'm hoping Scotty will go with us. And I may invite my doctor friend, Rick. (Never hurts to have a sawbones along, with the way I've been riding lately.) I may still be a bit tender in the ribs area, but I should be OK if I continue healing at the pace I've been experiencing. I may have to take it a bit easy. I should have the 450 ready to go with big tank, stiffer springs, 18mm clamps, Scotts damper, high-powered stator, and Ironman sprockets. Whew! It's a lot of work, and I'm only half done. If I can just get through this day at work, I should be able to spend all day on the bike tomorrow and finish up.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Any of you guys have experience running only a helmet light on a night ride? My trail-tech helmet light is very bright, but I'm having some problems getting my headlight wired up. Hopefully I'll be able to get it figured out before then.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Lust uses only his Cyclops, and I've done the same. It's all you need. It's nice to have a little bit extra from the headlight, but it's not needed, really.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Things are not falling into place here at work the way I had hoped, and it's looking doubtful I'll be able to make the Kiamichi trip. There's still a chance, but it's a long shot. I'll post up later when I know more.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
FYI
my group is heading up at the buttcrack of dawn friday morning and we will be there 9:00-30 and hoping to be on the trail by 10:00am. it is a long day stuffed into a short timeframe due to the sun setting sooner. any little delay, ie flat, mechanical will have us riding in the near dark or dark. seems most of us will have lights so that is a good thing.

jimbo- does scotty still want to go? our truck is full but im sure we can find a ride for him. still hoping you can pull it off at work though. two weeks ago i found forest service info about open trails to motorcycles at the horse thief springs trail head. the int is open to bikes and horses. the backside of the mountain is open on horsethief springs. the problem is that there is no trail to link them. that one north of billy creek is not motorcycle.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Well, I got what I thought was my new front bearings last Friday, but found out that PivotWorks sent me the wrong part :| ...a fork seal kit. I'm currently in contact w/them to see if they can get me the right shipment before Friday. If not, I may just play it safe and sit this one out.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
We are slowly loosing people. I am planning on staying up there until Sunday if anyone wants to come late. I will stick around until late Sunday as long as there is someone to ride with.

I looked at some of the other areas allowing bikes that TX mentioned. I pulled some maps at one time but will have to hunt for them if I can find time before packing. There is also long trail starting direcly on the north side of the mountain just across from the camp ground. It is an old military road from what I remember. It is suppose to travel all along the north side of the mountains. I never went looking for it.

I have my bike cleaned up, fork oil changed, a few bolts checked, chain lubed, oil changed, lights checked, etc. I'm ready!!!!!!!!!! Almost. I have to pack.

I also have room on my trailer if needed. I will try to be ready to leave on Thursday late afternoon. I will have to work late Wednesday night (morning hours).

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
No, I'm not going to be able to make this trip, dang it. Scotty can't make it, either. He volunteered to help with the Special Olympics Saturday, so he's out. Gino, you guys scope out those new trails; I know Lust is excited about doing some exploring. You guys have fun and enjoy those fall colors. I'll be ready to go soon.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Sorry to hear that Jim.

I'm still planning on making the ride. If I can't get the bearing thing ironed out quick, I'll just pick up a set at the KTM shop.

I'll probably arrive late Thursday night, around 11-midnight.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
We will miss you Jim. You did all the work to get this trip fired up. Come late on Sunday and spend the day. I will hang around if I know you are coming up.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Who is going to be around for a Saturday trail ride? (Not dual sport or needing headlights)

I'm not sure who is in for my group but I am thinking of coming down late Friday night, camping and riding most of the day Saturday and then heading back.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
As long as there's someone to ride with Saturday, I'll most likely be sticking around for a Saturday ride. :ride:

I'm sure there will be others too.

DWreck said:
Who is going to be around for a Saturday trail ride? (Not dual sport or needing headlights)

I'm not sure who is in for my group but I am thinking of coming down late Friday night, camping and riding most of the day Saturday and then heading back.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
the_monk said:
DWreck just asked my question. Will there be rides that will in the day light only (no headlights) and a small MX gas tank?

Well, I don't think anyone purposely wants to get stuck out in the dark and I'm hoping that we can designate a time to go for night rides as I'm betting the majority doesn't have lights. It sounds like there will be a few people able to act as guides, so I'm sure something will get worked out.

As for extra gas, I have a few of those metal fuel containers (Wal Mart) for myself. They're very cheap and will fit in a backpack. 2 should give you about 1/2 gallon.

Ryan, when are you planning on rolling in?

Grady? Brian? You guys going to join us up there or what? :nod:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry everyone, I'm out. The back injury is just not going to be healed up enough to make the trip. I pulled something in the lower back starting a chainsaw of all things. I'm better today but I don't think I'll be up to riding for at least another week. I was really looking forward to this ride so have some extra fun without me.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
What does a bear look like in the headlights on a skinny trail at night.

I am planning to stay all weekend as long as my old body holds up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom