Terrafirma 8, want a piece of the action?

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Well maybe,

I have a bro that I grew up with since Jr. High who films for Fox. He's doing the next Terrafirma film, I think it's T-8 and he was wondering about ideas that maybe you guys would like to see in films. Good riding locations other than the traditional California shots, good half time shows, rider thoughts, enduro's, etc...

Open up your coments here and let em rip, I'll be forwarding this link onto him so he can read your ideas and maybe if you come up with a good spot for filming he might just add your name to the credits. If not, you can always say "hey I refered the filmer of the new T-8 to our sick riding location, go check it out".

I believe he has to stay on the west coast and they film mainly in California but I told him about Moab and some other hot spots and he was curious. If you got pics or any links or anything I'm sure he'd appreciate you input.

Also check out the other thread I've got going

L8r
Josh

-------------------------
"Rip It!"

Current bike: 02' 520 SX: Procircuit T-4 silencer; JD kit; EE Guards
Previous Bike's: 00' YZ 250
87' CR80
84' XR80

ryanfoley

Sep 17, 2002
Hey hows it goin?

I Would suggest that you guys cover more races/riding and not free style. In the last terrifirma i mostly watched bubba, the US Nationals part and Shane watts's part and also the desert section. I do like free stlye but it just gets boring after a while! Ive been watching older vids like crusty 2/3/4. They got free style in them but they seem to mix it up well.
HAVE FUN FILMING

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
It would be cool if you shot some guy or gal just running right through the woods. No trail, no nothing, just going and making their own trail. Almost like enduro freestyle. More off-road races, maybe supermoto, some trials, everyone loves trials riding. That would be cool.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
come and ride some MICHIGAN TRAILS!!!!!! I'd like to see some more trail riding though. then Motocross, then a little freestyle, like the crusty freestyle, not arena where they hit hte same jumps over and over. I'd say like a mix of 30% trails, 40% mx, 10% trials, and like 15% Free riding, and 5% hill climbing.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Can we hear the bikes? Just a little?

sigar

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2000
I agree with the above. Lose the freestyle it gets old real quick. In T-7 the only parts I watch are the Nationals, Bubba on his private track, RC on his private track, and the woods scene. Gotta say it again, LOSE THE FREESTYLE, how many superman seat grabs can you watch. I mean really.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
First, some general film suggestions:

1) Ditch the music. I can mute it & play a CD if I feel like it. But most of the time I'm not in the mood for whatever punk crap they play.

2) Lose the hardcore freestyler "X" arttitude. I don't like that stuff. I don't care if the footage is of SX, MX, off-road, trials, trails, whatever. Just no kooks lighting cars on fire, ghosting bikes over dunes, and basically making asses of us dirtbikers. Leave that crap for the Crusty series. One of those is enough.

3) Put some amatures in it. I like watching pros do amazing things, but I also like watching guys like me fall while still in the pits. Makes me feel good about myself.

4) Sneak some footage of the rag editors riding. I want to see Jody Wiesel rolling some jumps.

5) No naked chicks or cussing. I want a video I can watch in front of my kids, not have to wait until they're in bed. If someone can't harness their pottymouth for a few minutes to be in a video, they've got some serious self-control issues and need professional help.

6) Put me in it. I'm pretty sure I'd buy a copy if I were a featured rider.

Now, locations I'd like to see:

1) Miami Creek, CA

2) Cooperland, say late September/early October

3) Mammoth Mountain, CA

Some riders I'd like to see (vintage footage, out riding today, whatever):

1) Bob Hannah

2) Roger DeCoster

3) Malcolm Smith

Last edited:

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
50% technical trail riding, like enduro and GNCC
20% free style
20% hill climbs
10% interviews

50% sounds of bikes
50% music

A video like this would be a collectors item! :thumb:

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
Yes MORE 2 stroke / 4 stroke SOUND. Its educational to hear the bikes and throttle control. I kinda like some of the hill climbs... Wal-mart actually has a Video now .. can't remember the name of it.. but it has the world champ on trials bikes & some awesome hillclimbs... I like watching the regular people race also.. as much as the pros. Bubba is just amazing though.. I can still see the bike coming over the table top with the bars almost dragging the ground before take off... shew... every time I try that... I lose alot of speed & the rear end comes around a little... but the bike just doesn't go flat. And yes you could also sell the videos at WAL-MART if they were more kid friendly.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
I believe this to be a troll ( Who needs to be told abput Moab ? )
But if I had a say , I would say out it in wide screen format with Dolby 5.1

berny327

Mar 24, 2003
The best part about the terrifirma series is how they show more than just one aspect of the sport. My favorite parts have been the national racing sections. Not to many movies have captured it very well. It is about time to show super moto too. I would like to see some footage of this on the video. Now that mcgrath rides, it could be cool. The hill climb stuff is great too. Not the groomed timed stuff, but the who gets the farthest style. Less freestyle please!!! My 2 cents.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
throw some more desert stuff in, ty davis, johhny campbell, brian brown, those guys doin 100mph out threw the sagebrush is way better than any trail riding. and keep the titties and beer in the videos, that stuff sells, at least to me anyway. it sound to me like fox needs to make another video for the trail riding crowd.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I agree with Zio. Me and my kids will wait for his DVD!

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
Lets get some dirtbike sounds in there. Make it around 40% music. If you did that I wouldn't care what kind of music they put on there.

Top Bottom