cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Has anyone been to the mounds in Geness co. yet this spring? I was just curious because I will be coming home next weekend for the summer and it is only about 20 miles from my house and I want to ride. I know it is not that great but it is close. So anyways if any has ridden there this year I just wanted to know what it is like. Thanks.

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Yeah I have been there three or four times. I was just wondering if all of the trails are open. They are usually closed for a while in the spring.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
where is the mounds

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
yeah Ive been there I know it is small, how much it costs and stuff. All I wanted to know is whether all of the trails are open or not because sometimes they are closed in the spring. By the way team green, it is in Genesee Co.

Soderlund

Nov 10, 2001
I probably could have come right out and said it. The 10 acre restriction is in affect until May 15. After that the other 190 acres opens.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I live close to the mounds and I tell you they are not worth the trip, I would rather drive 2 hours to MIO, and hit the trails there. The mounds is like a 4 wheel drivre torture test, and honestly I would like to see them close that place rather than Bull Gap.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Asrith, They are closeing Bull Gap? I hope not. I have not been there and wanted to ride BG this summer.
Crap like this makes me glad IM moving back to the UP. BTW I agree with your assesment of the Mounds. The place went to hell when they shrunk the size of it by half.
With the amnount of truck traffic and the number of quads and bikes in such a small area the place is just not fun nor safe for that matter.

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Yeah bull gap got pretty dangerous when people started getting run over by trucks. I also agree with your descriptions of the Mounds, I just wanted to ride somewhere that was 15 min from my house and mess around. I have found that if you go on weekdays, you can have the whole place to yourself pretty much. I have never gone on a weekend so I dont know how busy it gets.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom