Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Woohoo! If I got that much air, I'd need a roll of TP waiting at the finish line......

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Holy cow! I don't even ride that fast in my dreams!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
LOL, I remember thinking in the air weather or not to "force" the issue in the turn right after we landed or not. I checked that line out where I passed him right before the moto, so I knew it was there if I was close enough comming down the hill. If that were 10 years ago and at a national, you can bet we would be bouncing of each other going into that top turn :aj: , I didn't want to take our "guest" out on the 3rd lap LOL. Next year Mister, he's got to slow down sooner or later, the guy turns 40 here shortly :silly:.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by Kawidude
Holy cow! I don't even ride that fast in my dreams!

I guess when you consider that the weekend before Dubach put it on Emig and Ryan Huges in the Fast Masters race, we'll cut Billy some slack for not taking the overall :p

Next year? It can only get more interesting; that old man Cooper's arm may be fully attached to his body, lol. I have a feeling there will be more than 2 running away...

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Dang Billy, was your throttle stuck? ;)  It's a wonder an Air Force jet didn't fly over to check out what those 2 blips on their radar screen were! :thumb:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Billy, you looked much better in the air than Dubach :worship: , great video

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Wait a minute, you mean there were OTHER people in that race too? Man, that must have been fun to watch.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Now I see why it says "line-up with some legends" on the homepage. Cuz that's all I'd be able to do. Yep, I could stay with 'em all the way till they drop the gate. :)

BTW, Thanks for making the clips nice and small Okie. This way us home-viewers can check them out on dial-up. :thumb:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Please tell me you have the start of the Tag Team MX?!?!?

Care to explain whay Gomer? ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oh no...I would never be the one to point out that I led Billy all the way to the first turn!!

(I would, however, tell people that Billy passed me so fast I thought I had stopped!)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by JPIVEY
Billy, you looked much better in the air than Dubach :worship: , great video
I'm going to go a little farther and say (please, no one tell Doug I said this!) Billy corners better than Doug. The difference between those two is simple; probably 100 lbs (possibly a little conditioning). Okay, so now both are pissed at me ;)

Here's a pic. Keep in mind, this is no MXA photo-op, this is not a set-up shot... this is hitting a corner AT SPEED. More speed in fact that most of us will ever experience on a track. (Sorry if you've seen this before... I took the shot with a digi-cam and I'm quite proud of it, lol )

Attachments

• corner2.jpg
    corner2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 571

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
you could show that a 100 times, you just don't get tried of looking at a great shot

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Does it count if I've been that low before and there wasn't a corner around? :worship: :yeehaw:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
The only way I am going to get that low in a corner is prior to falling over! :) :thumb:

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
How could I get pissed at the truth Mister LOL? The only thing I would tell you to change is to take the "possibly a little" and replace it with "a lot of" :| . If there is ever a time the Mrs. needs to use a pin on my head LOL, I'll make myself do a national, then when RC laps me on the 3rd lap and my helmet falls off from the shrinkage.....well you get the point :). Can't wait till next year :whiner:, I'm going to try me one of those superman backflips :thumb:.

Top Bottom