yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So does anybody even wander in here anymore? I know I do occasionally, but never really have time to post. I think it's time for all us North Texans to come out of the woodworks and back into the thick of things here at DRN. Nice to see Will and Thump posting again. Anybody heard from Matt? He fall off a bridge or what? So where have you guys been and what have you been up to?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
The thing is we here in this part of the country do our talking at the track ;)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
What have I been doing????

Slowly inching my way to my grave.... :ugg:
Work has been killing me. I have been travelling every week to Cincinnati, OH. Fly out early Monday morning and fly back friday evening. Haven't had much time to anything except work, and move. Yup - I just moved a couple of weeks ago.

Good news though...
I am going riding today (before I expire)! ;)

-jeffd

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Any of you guys ride during the week @ Muenster? Always needing somebody to ride during the week. I should be up and running by mid July again. (thanks to Muenster - over the bar excursion :debil: :debil: ).

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Not without having to take a day off work :(

-jeffd

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
jeff,
what are you going to get when you sell your mini-bike? I noticed you sold the kids bikes. You better get some practice and a bigger bike if you're gonna race TORO. I'll be in the Over 30C class with you guys this time.

Last edited:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by jeffd
What have I been doing????

Slowly inching my way to my grave.... :ugg:
Work has been killing me. I have been travelling every week to Cincinnati, OH. Fly out early Monday morning and fly back friday evening. Haven't had much time to anything except work, and move. Yup - I just moved a couple of weeks ago.

Good news though...
I am going riding today (before I expire)! ;)

-jeffd

man, I know that feeling. Except my weeks have been spent in DC. As soon as I get home there are 50 things that demand attention before I can go riding. My son finally felt so sorry for me (read himself) that he built a ramp just so we can remember what air felt like. :whiner:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Man, do I understand the travel gig .... I buoght a new scoot after 5 years of chasing parts for my old one and now all I do is look at it in my garage! Where are some good places to ride these days? I read that the P has shut down. Guess my sweatshirt will now be worth something. Dose anyone remember the benefit enduro staged when Mr. Pope was injured in a fire?

Those were the days ... no worries, no career, no long term future (Vietnam), no kids, no wife, no money for bikes are parts .... OK maybe the old days were not so great. :(

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Enduro_Nut
Hey Jeff -
What about a GASGAS ;) , ready for this years TORO - 00' 250XC w/new top/bottom

I pulled the trigger on a 2002 YZ426F just 2 weeks ago. Gas Gas makes a great bike no doubt, but I made the jump to the dark side.

Dennis - is a 426 big enough? LOL! See you in the over-30 C class.

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Jeff, you might wanna hold off on too much smack talkin to DA. You should check out his TCCRA results, he's smokin em now...

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by yzguy15
Jeff, you might wanna hold off on too much smack talkin to DA. You should check out his TCCRA results, he's smokin em now...

No smack talk intended. He just said I better get some practice and a bigger bike before TORO. 1 down, 1 to go. I got the 426, now I just need some practice!

-jeffd

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by txbigguy
Hey any of you guys riding this weekend?
I plan on Mosier this Sat night and Burleson sunday

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Rick and myself will be at Shady Grove around 7am Sunday. Thump might make it if he finishes putting on finger nail polish and does enough honey-do's to get a kitchen pass. ;)

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I understand going to the thumper - thats why the GG is gone now, it was the best 2 stroke I've owned BUT I can get another 30 to 40 miles in for the same amount of effort. Thought I'd NEVER :eek: say that but times change(mainly my age ;) )and as you put it going over to the DARKSIDE !!
Good luck on it!

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
I plan on Mosier this Sat night and Burleson sunday

Jeff, How's the racing there on Saturday nights? How big are the classses and are the beginners actually beginners ? I live pretty close to Mosier and have been considering trying out the Saturday night races.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by DPW

Jeff, How's the racing there on Saturday nights? How big are the classses and are the beginners actually beginners ? I live pretty close to Mosier and have been considering trying out the Saturday night races.
I haven't got to do but a couple of Sat night races there this year and both were fairly small turn outs. There was a series race going on both times I was there at other tracks but last year it was a rathere small class also. I'd say there were about 15 in my class but in another class I raced I was the only one. They combined me in with the 250 intermediates and I got smoked but I came in 1st in my class :) .

I really like the track, if you haven't been you should give it a try. Watch the 2nd table-top, it's easy to over jump. If it doesn't rain I plan to be there, I'll be #31 on the KTM 125

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Jeff D,
I think 426 will be more than enough. If it has stock suspension you BETTER at least re-spring it or it's gonna be like riding a wooden horse for you unless you gain about 200 pounds and catch up with Taraker.
I'm currently doing a top end and getting over a rib injury but it won't be long before I'm back on. Maybe we can meet up for a ride.

Hey, there's a GP race in Nocona on Aug 4th that looks like it's gonna be fun.

www.the-offroader.com/gp flyer.pdf

I'm going to try to get out there and run it.
The TSCEC is doing their annual Red River Enduro at Muenster in October and it's supposed to be an ISDE qualifier style race where they only score you in the "test" sections.
Hope you can make some races before TORO kicks off.

mlooney

Apr 28, 2001
Man why'd you have to go and list that GP? I really wanna go but I have to work all day Saturday, then I'm going to see Weezer and Dashboard Confessional at Smirnoff that night. Then back up to go to work all day Sunday.

I do have good news though. I have decided to quit playing football so now maybe I can put a little more time into racing (when I'm not workin) and will be able to expend more energy at those early races since I won't be recovering from a grueling week of practice (or offseason) and conserving energy for the coming grueling week. Yea, yea, that's it, I was saving energy for football, that's why I sucked so bad. Well you better just watch out this year. :)

<edit>Sorry, like the sig line says, this is Eric. For some reason I can't get my dad's name signed out on his computer downstairs. Sorry for any confusion<end edit>

madmatt

Jul 11, 2002
Hey guys, I am kinda new at this but I am from Stephenville and I thought I would let you know that they just opened up a track here if you are looking for someplace new to ride. Any information yall could give a fellow north texan about places to ride around here would be great. Thanks!

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000

madmatt

Jul 11, 2002
Thanks a whole lot DPW, I have ridden the one at Nocona and it is pretty good. They just opened it up in the last year or so. I go ride it when I go home from college to visit my parents. Turns out I end up riding about 90% of the time that I am there! The whole track is more of a high-speed one with some fairly big jumps. The village creek track is pretty good too. I really appreciate all of your info on the tracks, I am looking forward to riding at some new places, who knows, maybe I will run into you at one of these!

Top Bottom